Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get the same answer from their dealer? I took mine in today for the recall. The service manager calls me later in the day and says they plugged in to my car and it already has the most current flash. My car has a build date of 10/05, but was at the dealer a month ago for the purge valve solenoid CEL. I wonder if they flashed it then?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Doubtfull, they would have said something and or recorded the procedure in your invoice.

They would also had to put 2 decals on the door jam stating that the update was done, and what date.

Take a look there to verify, if it's not, tell the dealer such, and demand the correct update.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Anyone get the same answer from their dealer? I took mine in today for the recall. The service manager calls me later in the day and says they plugged in to my car and it already has the most current flash. My car has a build date of 10/05, but was at the dealer a month ago for the purge valve solenoid CEL. I wonder if they flashed it then?
[/b]
Mazda has set up the PCM Flash to follow the build and S/N of the VINs. There are more than 1 PCM
Batch #'s out there. So yours may not be affected by the program upgrade. Mine Was and I experienced it for the 1st time while running the fuel that the West coast gets. Yet once I added Berrymans Chemtool to the mix, I found all my lost motion :yesnod:
I waited until after my Road Trip to get the re-flash. Now it is in re-learn mode. :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
[/b]

Red 6,

When you take your car back to the dealer for service, ask the service manager to check your computer for the date of the revision was made on your computer. I think your computer will have that information stored in it's memory and they should be able to access it for you.

Regards, :yesnod:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts