Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up, im not sure about this but this wednesday i gotta take the car to the dealer for service here in Miami, FL dealer name is Ocean Mazda, the reason im taking the car to the dealer its because i got a CEL light that goes ON then it goes off, and comes back ON after a day or 2 but when its goes ON its always Blink a few times, i take it to Autozone to check the CEL and the computer didnt give any code...it was like "Link Error" or something like that... they told me that it was better to take it to Service and told them about the problem... so heres the question... i have an Injen CAI and i dont know if it would better to take it out and put it back to Stock so they dont tell me nothing about that or just leave it there?? Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
It depends on how mod friendly your dealer is. Some will not mind seeing an intake. Some will blame the intake and some will not even touch your car seeing an intake in there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah thats the problem i dont know hows gonna be the reaction in them, this is my first time taking my car to dealer under warranty.[/b]
Just to cover yourself, you probably should take off the intake and put the stock one back on. That way, they really have no reason to give you a hard time. You might want to consider casually asking someone in the service dept. what they think of the mazdaspeed parts to see what their impression of aftermarket mods is, and to determine how "mod friendly" they may be.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hey guys whats up, im not sure about this but this wednesday i gotta take the car to the dealer for service here in Miami, FL dealer name is Ocean Mazda, the reason im taking the car to the dealer its because i got a CEL light that goes ON then it goes off, and comes back ON after a day or 2 but when its goes ON its always Blink a few times, i take it to Autozone to check the CEL and the computer didnt give any code...it was like "Link Error" or something like that... they told me that it was better to take it to Service and told them about the problem... so heres the question... i have an Injen CAI and i dont know if it would better to take it out and put it back to Stock so they dont tell me nothing about that or just leave it there?? Thanks in advance!![/b]

the autozone scanner isn't CAN compliant, that's why the "link error" message. It cant communicate with your car's computer. that doesn't mean there isn't a code there, it just can't read it.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
if the dealer concludes that your intake is the problem of the CEL... they are going to charge you for diagnosis time!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the answers, i think i would need to put it back stock so they dont have an excuse... Now... i really didnt install my CAI.. but i think it shouln't be 2 hard to take all apart and put it back to stock... :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.