Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mazda dealer says they have to send all warranty parts back to mazda and they will not give me my broken engine mount...is this right? i thought as a consumer we had the right to all our old parts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
My mazda dealer says they have to send all warranty parts back to mazda and they will not give me my broken engine mount...is this right? i thought as a consumer we had the right to all our old parts
[/b]
not if they replace the part under warranty. just like exchanging a defective video game.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
that is correct. If they do not return (if asked for by Mazda), Mazda can charge the dealer for the part cost.

·
Registered
649 Posts
[/b]
I think in certain situations a part needs to go to headquarters to see what exactly the fault was (i dunno in this situation, the engine mount has been crap since day one.) I think you can get the part back from Mazda once they are done though but don't take that as a fact

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok my dealer said i can take a look at it if it hasnt been put in the parts dept yet...I just want to see the damage with my own eyes without taking a service manager's word for it. I would rather have it in my hands to inspect but seeing is ok with me

·
Registered
900 Posts
that is correct. If they do not return (if asked for by Mazda), Mazda can charge the dealer for the part cost.
[/b]
Actually, they would be charged back for the whole claim! It is in their dealer agreement that they must keep the part for a certain amount of days and then, if not called back, scrap it so that it cannot be reused in any way. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ya they will let you look at it, you have that right, but they get to keep it. And funny enough unless mazda asks for it, it will be trashed in x many days, whatever they are required by mazda to hold it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Why waste yours and the dealer's time?

You got it fixed for free.

John :cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Why waste yours and the dealer's time?

You got it fixed for free.

John :cool:
[/b]
I imagine he is like me and wants to see that the faulty part has been removed and replaced with a new unit.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I imagine he is like me and wants to see that the faulty part has been removed and replaced with a new unit.
Thanks,
Jason
[/b]
partialy but on the other side I'm an engineer and I inspect damaged parts a lot in my job so I like to get an idea of what has gone wrong in my car and why/how it can be fixed

anyway they already locked it up in the parts dept so i couldnt get a peek at it but oh well I know it got fixed since the car drives much better and no longer makes the popping sound when the engine goes underload

·
Registered
679 Posts
partialy but on the other side I'm an engineer and I inspect damaged parts a lot in my job so I like to get an idea of what has gone wrong in my car and why/how it can be fixed

anyway they already locked it up in the parts dept so i couldnt get a peek at it but oh well I know it got fixed since the car drives much better and no longer makes the popping sound when the engine goes underload
[/b]

They need them so they can go back to the supplier.

·
Registered
322 Posts
A dealer screwed up an oil change and made a huge mess of my engine, I made him clean it and replace a few parts. I asked if I could keep the old parts and the service guy was like sure, go ahead.

The next day I got a phone call saying that he had to have 'em back to send into Mazda or he's get in trouble.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts