Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to get the dealer to pay for a clutch repair? I have 35k miles on my 2004 Mazda 6 sport manual with a 50K warranty. I already bought the clutch kit. Thanks

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
is the current one busted?
if so call MNAO.

Nobody will advise on an illegitimate way of getting the dealer to pay for your upgrades.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the current one busted?
if so call MNAO.

Nobody will advise on an illegitimate way of getting the dealer to pay for your upgrades.
[/b]

Yes the current clutch is busted. I'm not looking to do anything illegitimate anyway. I just want to say that it should be covered by the warranty eventhough technically it isn't. Have any ideas? What does MNAO stand for and how could they help me?

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
The only way you will get a clutch covered out of the 12k/1 yr warranty is if you had the clutch judder problem documented on the car during the 12k/1year warranty on the clutch.I work at a mazda store and had to get the rep involved to get mine covered and had the clutch problem from day one.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
the clutch warranty is 12 months/12k miles. It is a wear item, not a bumper to bumper item

·
Registered
900 Posts
Anyone know how to get the dealer to pay for a clutch repair? I have 35k miles on my 2004 Mazda 6 sport manual with a 50K warranty. I already bought the clutch kit. Thanks
[/b]
1st take back your clutch kit and get a refund. They won't put a customer supplied kit in. 2nd talk to the Service Manager and see if he/she will help you out. If not, then tell him you want the number to Mazda Customer Relations and that you want to him to review it with the District Rep. I have read that Mazda CR will cave if you work them over a bit. It took a little work, but I finally got mine covered at 45,000 miles. So there is a trackable history within Mazda that they not only have done them under warranty, but it is documented herein (search: clutch) that some have even been reimbursed after paying for it! That should be all of the proof that you need that it can be and should be done!

Remember. Be nice at first, but push hard if you have to! :yesnod:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st take back your clutch kit and get a refund. They won't put a customer supplied kit in. 2nd talk to the Service Manager and see if he/she will help you out. If not, then tell him you want the number to Mazda Customer Relations and that you want to him to review it with the District Rep. I have read that Mazda CR will cave if you work them over a bit. It took a little work, but I finally got mine covered at 45,000 miles. So there is a trackable history within Mazda that they not only have done them under warranty, but it is documented herein (search: clutch) that some have even been reimbursed after paying for it! That should be all of the proof that you need that it can be and should be done!

Remember. Be nice at first, but push hard if you have to! :yesnod:
[/b]

Thanks for the usefull information, I'll let you know how it works out. I asked the dealer if it would be possible if I could bring in my own clutch kit. He told me that it wouldn't be a problem. I just dropped off the kit and they are installing it on monday. I don't think that this is a normal procedure for the mazda dealers though. I'm just glad that I was able to save over $180.00 just on the clutch kit as opposed to dealer price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts