Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my tale of woe. On April 7 I put $500 down on a 6S with Side/Curtain Airbags, A/T, Auto dimmer mirror, Bose upgrade, which they told me will be here in 7 - 8 weeks. Ten days later they tell me that they can't make the car with Bose & Curtain airbags so I drop the Bose. At about this time my salesman leaves the dealership & I have a new guy assigned. Just last week I called the dealer to check on the order and he can't provide any info, he checks with the Sales manager and tells me everything is OK.

The VIN should have been assigned by now so I call the 800 Mazda Customer Service and they immediately detect a problem. They can't find my order! After a few more calls and investigation Mazda tells me that they had a May 1st deadline for all 03 orders and my dealer did not get the order in on time. They informed me the dealer ordered my car on April 29 ( 3 weeks after I put the money down) & due to Mazda's own screwed up system did not get "pulled" in time to build. .

It appears that the initial salesman dropped the ball and I am now getting more help from Mazda than my dealership. The dealership has offered to refund my money but Mazda has offered an unassigned "port car" that is very close to my order. I am so angry right now with my dealer that I don't no what I should do!

Any suggestions, feedback, similar tales of woe?:(

·
Registered
492 Posts
Reading Topic: Dealer/Mazda Lost My Order

I don't know anything you can do, other than hoping MazdaUSA would give you a good price and some freebies with the car. Better yet, just go through the internet such as Carsdirect.com which can help you find the car you want.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Dealer/Mazda Lost My Order'

Or just try checking inventory in your area on www.MazdaUSA.com.

I went there last night and just plugged in my specs for the heck of it... and actually saw my car. It says that it's at my dealership but I know it's not there yet. It must say that because it's on its way... but I found a few more cars like it.

If you want to play the dealer game, then find out if another local dealer has the car you want, or something very close. The accessories not matching is no big deal since you can order aftermarket and it should be just as well (say if you wanted the sport grille, you could spend just as much to buy it aftermarket as adding it to build - but then you'd have an extra stock grille afterwards... which you could sell to someone who wants it!). If you find the car you want, then go into the new dealership with all your paperwork, tell them this is what you agreed upon at your original dealer but that they had a problem and now the car coming in is your second color choice (pick any color). Since you'd prefer your first color choice, you decided to give this new dealer a shot and if they can give you the car for the same price, you got it! The key is not to act desperate. Play it cool like if they don't accept or try to charge you more, you have no problem walking out and getting the car that's coming.

Just don't tell off your dealer too bad. I would definitely try to get something out of it, though - it's their big mistake. Just don't burn bridges with the original dealership. Best part is that if you get the car you want, you can drive it back to the original dealership and get your refund!

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Dealer/Mazda Lost My Order'

Just to clarify:
Mazda USA has been very helpful in tracking down a similar car. They tell me it is in their "port" in California and as of now is unassigned. The problem is that I live in a small town with only this one Mazda dealership and the processing would be through them. This is the same dealer who screwed up the order and is now offering me a refund. Apparently my dealer has to agree to the deal before MazdaUSA can begin processing. I don't have much confidence in my dealer! Either I forget about the car or deal through them! :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts