Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in to get my long awaited compass mirror (ordered a HomeLink but...).

Anyway, I asked the sales guy (very nice) what about these dealer enabled options... Huh? Never heard of them.

Then I got the 'smart' guy in customer service. Service with an attitude. He told me 'if' there were such options then he was going to have to charge me $104 to hook it up to the programmer. Then he asked his lead tech if there really were 'options' that could be programmed... what a jerk. The tech said yes.

Anyway -- their story is that this is 'not a warranty item' and they will have to have my keys to reprogram the 'auto-lock' option. Isn't this a sales item? I know there has been some traffic on here about this before.

What should I do next?

This is FREEMAN MAZDA in Irving, TX.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Went in to get my long awaited compass mirror (ordered a HomeLink but...).

Anyway, I asked the sales guy (very nice) what about these dealer enabled options... Huh? Never heard of them.

Then I got the 'smart' guy in customer service. Service with an attitude. He told me 'if' there were such options then he was going to have to charge me $104 to hook it up to the programmer. Then he asked his lead tech if there really were 'options' that could be programmed... what a jerk. The tech said yes.

Anyway -- their story is that this is 'not a warranty item' and they will have to have my keys to reprogram the 'auto-lock' option. Isn't this a sales item? I know there has been some traffic on here about this before.

What should I do next?

This is FREEMAN MAZDA in Irving, TX.
[/b]

I had my keys reprogrammed and it didn't cost me a cent. On the work order it said "Warranty Item". The dealership should not be charging you to program any of the options for the first time. This is covered under the service adjustment period on your warranty. If they continue to give you a hard time, tell them to get your Mazda district rep on the phone with you there. If they refuse, contact Mazda NA yourself and have them set the dealer straight.

You will need to give them both keys to get the "auto-lock" option programmed.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I'm really surprised you got that from Freeman. Freeman is widely considered one of the best Mazda dealers in the country. They don't give people crap for anything. You can bring a blown engine in with the nitrous lines still hooked up and they'll fix it (seen it).

Go to the service area in the back and talk to Johnny. I would be extraordinarily surprised if he doesn't take great care of you. I nor any other Mazda guys in the area have ever gotten anything less than impeccable service from them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm really surprised you got that from Freeman. Freeman is widely considered one of the best Mazda dealers in the country. They don't give people crap for anything. You can bring a blown engine in with the nitrous lines still hooked up and they'll fix it (seen it).

Go to the service area in the back and talk to Johnny. I would be extraordinarily surprised if he doesn't take great care of you. I nor any other Mazda guys in the area have ever gotten anything less than impeccable service from them.
[/b]
Johnny was Mr. Attitude.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Johnny was Mr. Attitude.
[/b]
Extremely surprising. As much as I like Johnny, just call the MNAO customer service line and tell them about your experience. That will often 'motivate' them.

You might also consider driving down 183 to Hiley Mazda (right across from Northeast Mall). Although I don't get the work on my Mazda6 done there (Freeman never says a word about my mods, no matter what the warranty work is) they do have some great service guys and they do the work on my Mazda3. Unfortunately I can't remember any of the managers names off the top of my head, just the guy (Steve) who I usually request do the work on my Mazda3.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Good to know that they will fix a "modded" car under warranty.

I took mine to Hancock Mazda in Mesquite and had it done in 5 minutes no charge.

They do not need both keys for the auto-lock. They just hook their computer up to the car, change the value, and you are done.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to know that they will fix a "modded" car under warranty.

I took mine to Hancock Mazda in Mesquite and had it done in 5 minutes no charge.

They do not need both keys for the auto-lock. They just hook their computer up to the car, change the value, and you are done.
[/b]
That's what I was thinking....but ...GRRRR......

What other 'options' can I get enabled?

BTW, the Freeman sales guy Brian is awesome to work with. Don't understand the resistance from the service guys.

·
Registered
829 Posts
IIRC, there's something in the manual that says you can get the dealer to enable autolock for you, show that to them and they shouldn't charge you a dime.

I hope I am not recalling the wrong thing (maybe it's the safety window thing instead...)

Good luck.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah they only took one key and 5 min was done...Other options they may adjust is the seatbelt

I took it in just to activate auto-lock and they also offered me a loaner car if I was unable to wait 5 min.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
chillyam
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing