Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Thursday night my Mazda 6 Sport 2191cc diesel manual cut out completely while driving home from work. Primary error showing on dash display was 'keyless system inspection required'. Toggling through the ignition states gives me all lights on the dash and multiple errors (engine management, sbcs failure etc.) No crank from the engine. Got towed home and then arranged for vehicle to be towed to dealer on the following day.

Dealer are saying faulty PCM likely taken out by likely also faulty Fuel Injectors, total cost £1200 to replace PCM, £3000 if the injectors need to be changed. :(:(:(:eek: they are saying they won't know if the injectors need to be replaced until the new PCM has been installed. If I want to go ahead the cost is non-refundable/returnable.

It's out of warranty but not that old, 2014. Full dealer service history (apart from last service at the lease company I bought from). Literally just clocked 70k so not huge mileage.

Clearly gutted, any help/advice that can be given would be really appreciated. Would be good to know if anyone else has seen this exact problem, is it a common issue?

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
"Keyless system inspection required" doesn't jibe with injector failure. Try another fob first.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First of all thanks to everyone that read/replied.

Update; dealer have called today to advise the car is now fixed! Turns out it was the PCM and fortunately didn't need to replace the fuel injectors. Dealership were VERY helpful, I managed to source a used PCM from a scrapyard and the dealership reprogrammed this to the vehicle. Total cost has ended up being £400. Not a small amount of money but not £4200! What's interesting is I also spoke to an ECU repair company who said they had seen a very similar issue on a Mazda CX5 SKYACTIV-D 2.2 engine only 2 weeks before! So just beware guys.

I've complained to Mazda and heard nothing. Gave them time to respond but heard nothing so posted a negative review on Trustpilot.

Thanks again for everyone's support.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Keyless system inspection required" doesn't jibe with injector failure. Try another fob first.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response, fair play you were right. Turned out it was a faulty PCM so that message is completely erroneous unfortunately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont get robbed by stealer. Search websites if there same problems happened to somebody earlier.. It can be minor problem than PCM. I am not expert but just sound weird that all injectors
fault same time like sudden death.
It can be even bad battery connection. 2013 Maxda CX-5 Wouldn't Start, Crazy Instrument Panel Displays
Or did you try start engine with another key.
Thanks for feeding back. Turns out the dealership were on point on this occasion, and to be fair to them very very understanding and helpful (Edwards Mazda, Worcester for anyone in the UK) but I know what you mean!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I also have the diesel variant and I bought it last December 19, 2017. I'm curious why the PCM will fail at that age.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts