Mazda 6 Forums banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm gonna pull the trigger and de-badge my car and remove the door guards. This will be my first mod.

SSSSHHHH***********************TTT Sooooo nervous. lol

Edit:

That toook....FOREVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For other members who are worried about their paint messing up. My car is 7 years old and it's in Texas, living under the 110 degree sun for 7 years now...don't worry about it. Just go for it.

After a nice wash.

That adhesive removal was the biggest b**** ever.

My first mod!!!! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just pulled my rear badge to turn it into an 'evil m'... The car is a 9 year old mettalic gold colour, been under hot sun all its life. Turned out there are actually some paint scratches around the border of the badge :( Dont know how that would have come about, looks like its just due to dust build up and that then rubbing along the edge for 9years or something... Not all that noticeable once you are a couple of metres back though.

Took me freakin ages to get all the sticky crap off!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
just did my "MAZDA6" on my trunk lid, I washed my car before and it helped get it off much easier i didn't need any solvent to get the goop off just some elbow grease and guitarist calluses :p

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i went to pull my door guards, got my first one off and it looks like the paint around it is imprinted with the mold. there is a outline that will ot come out. tried everything from gas to wd40 to goo gone. im stuck. anyone have any ideas? this happened to anyone else?

just seems wierd that 12000 other people can do it and i cant lol!

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Mine were a pain in the butt. Getting guards off wasn't too bad but it took a lot of pressure, some tough paper towels, goo gone, and about an hour of scrubbing afterwards to completely clean the ring off.

I had to use my fingernails on top of the paper towels for most of it, it was grueling but eventually got it off.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
yeah i tried that. the guards and the main glue in the middle came off...but it looks like its literally in my paint. and it looks like shit. so im gonnna ask a detailer at work tomorrow to see if he cant get it out

·
Registered
291 Posts
I removed mine using fishing line to cut through the adhesive (like a saw, back and forth behind the badge). The line heats up quickly and slices the adhesive nicely :) I still had the residual stuff though, and for that I used finger nails and Goo Gone. No matter your method, the adhesive is a b*tch to remove!

·
Registered
66 Posts
1. If you have an air compressor or something of that sort, use a rubber wheel (be careful not to burn the clear coat).

2. If not, adhesive remover will help. Put it on a rag, rub the adhesive quickly, and then use your nail and finger to scrape it off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just used goo gone quickly after I removed all mine and my paint is in great shape, and even better after a nice detail with some elbow grease

261 - 276 of 276 Posts
About this Discussion
275 Replies
169 Participants
dieter21
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing