Mazda 6 Forums banner

241 - 260 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I used 3M two sided tape. I used the badge to draw out the size of the stips to fit the interior side of the badge, cut them out, and the pressed the badge back on the car. It worked great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I debadged mine with hair dryer, flat head screw driver came off really easy... then removed the glue with throttle body cleaner.. worked like a charm.. bu be careful to not use too much it can remove your paint.

rebadged with double sided strong red tape similar to 3M

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
man. i wouldnt risk my car with any of that. lol.

all of mine were done with nothing more then my own hands. i pulled the door guards, and all the rear badging. all i did was wait till it was a hot day like 2 summers ago, and pealed them off by hand. i even removed the little bit of glue that was left behind by just rubbing it by hand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
okay so i de-badged and took the door dings off too...EVERYTHING left an outline..which sucks...goo gone sucks too it didnt do much of anything, i had to peel everything off with my fingertips, which is fine, jsut the outline pisses me off...i have a 2003 onyx black 6s...im not too worried because my friend is wet sanding and buffing my entire car tomorrow which im hoping will take care of that....right??

·
Registered
658 Posts
okay so i de-badged and took the door dings off too...EVERYTHING left an outline..which sucks...goo gone sucks too it didnt do much of anything, i had to peel everything off with my fingertips, which is fine, jsut the outline pisses me off...i have a 2003 onyx black 6s...im not too worried because my friend is wet sanding and buffing my entire car tomorrow which im hoping will take care of that....right??
i removed just about everything on my trunk lid, leave the goo gone on for 10-15 minutes. if anything, use a terry towel to rub everything off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
...Did you use exact paint? Is your car 30A, Silver metallic? My car is that color and I thought about doing the emblem body color too. It looks good...

I bought a can of Krylon Fusion (for plastic) Metalic Shimmer. I figured it would bond better as it is designed for plastic. I roughed up the surface (sanded) and applied multiple coats. I also let it sit in the house for a week. I wanted it to be thoroughly cured before exposing it to flying pebbles and sand. It is probably less critical for the back emblem, but I did the same thing to the "M" in the front grill.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just thought I'd post a couple pics from my de- and re-badging for anyone who's thinking about painting their decals matte black and wants to see what it looks like first....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thread Revival: Everyone suggests Goo-Gone, which is fine for adhesive removal, but lighter fluid (like Ronsonol) is cheaper (and more readily available) and works just as good, if not better.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ive read most of the posts on this thread but i want to take off the door guards but my car is now 8 years old so im not sure i see everyone says to just wash a few times but no ones has been this old when they have done it (that ive seen) so what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
ive read most of the posts on this thread but i want to take off the door guards but my car is now 8 years old so im not sure i see everyone says to just wash a few times but no ones has been this old when they have done it (that ive seen) so what do you guys think?
I took off the old door guards on my old 04 which is a year newer and it came out fine. I also live in the desert and the heat and sun didn't effect the paint at all. Even if it did, it's nothing a polish and wax can't fix.

If your not sure your door has been painted over lift only a little on each door guard before you pull it all the way.

241 - 260 of 278 Posts