Mazda 6 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
okay so for me the best way to debadge your emblems is to use a blow dryer to heat up the sticky stuff. take dental foss to get the emblem off and goo gone to get rid of the left overs. for me, you dont have to strain yourself about ruining it. (oo by the way i am new here, i own a 2007 mazda 6 sport. I just put it on Tein springs on it and snipped down the antena. looks pretty clean. I will have pictures up soon!!!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did this to my 07 mazda 6s Sedan and WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Super easy to do, the door trims came right off! The car looks super clean now...thanks for the tip guys!!

If your debating on whether to do this or not I say do it!!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yea i was the same way. But it looks so much better with them off.
Also makes it a lot eaiser to wax.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just removed the mazda 6 on the rear and the door guards. Can't have taken me more than 15 minutes. just used dental floss to get the door guards started then just peeled slowly off. looks sexy. still need to get the hail damage fixed tho :(

QUOTE (blue06mazda6 @ Jul 29 2009, 07:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1586920
Yea i was the same way. But it looks so much better with them off.
Also makes it a lot eaiser to wax.[/b]
+1

·
Registered
99 Posts
Where are all the pictures guys?

I havnt seen very many on here.

I would really like to see some pictures, of the overall backend and overall sidee of an silver 08, so I can determine whether I want to do this or not.

·
Registered
203 Posts
QUOTE (Svenson14 @ Aug 10 2009, 09:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1590484
Where are all the pictures guys?

I havnt seen very many on here.

I would really like to see some pictures, of the overall backend and overall sidee of an silver 08, so I can determine whether I want to do this or not.[/b]

ok...so i don't have a silver 08, but at least it's a picture. :)

don't really have a full on back end shot, but close enough

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just debadged my 2006 mazdaspeed 6. I just let it sit so the sun was directly on the rear end for a couple hours then went out with some dental floss and it came off in about 5 minutes. then i just peeled off the remaining 3m tape with my fingernail and a downward pulling motion, came off pretty darn easy. after that i hit it up with some cleaner wax and microfiber and you couldnt even tell it was ever there. I was worried about discoloration at first but even after 3 years in southern ca and Nevada, no discoloration at all! the whole process took about 15 min all together.
-hahaha my car is putting my neighbors mazda to shame(second pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
I was going to paint my Mazda badge gunmetal grayon the back.
But after seeing that pic i'll leave it off.
But the logo will be gunmetal gray.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mazda 6 logo is gone,

Took some sun, a credit card, my thumbnail and some wd-40 with a towel

I'll see if I can do the door guards today

·
Registered
99 Posts
Debadged the trunk and the side bumpers
[attachment=43622:IMG_1175.JPG] [attachment=43623:IMG_1178.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've read through most the pages in this thread but I'm still really not sure of the best way to remove the emblems. If all goes well I will hopefully be getting a 2004 mazda6 sport, and would like to remove all the emblems to paint them black. So if anyone can tell the the easiest way to remove the front, rear, and the rear mazda6 emblem, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey my doors guards came of alright. 2008 mazda6. I used fishing line and peeled them right off. The leftover tape took some work, kind of just rolled it off bit by bit with my fingers. Then some degreaser to finish the rest of the residue. looked great!

well I was working on a DIY tint job but yesterday I wasn't happy with the results to I went back to my work garage to undo the bad tint job. well 1 day after pulling off my door guards and pulling into my work garage I took too sharp an angle turning into it and was watching my left side to make sure I don't hit anything. but wham! I rub the concrete wall right between the 2 passenger doors. I'm gonna have to get it repaired. Its bad. gentle sanding and buffing wont get it out. :hammerhea::banghead::banghead::hide::tear::tear:

If I had just paid the tint shop full price for them to do it, Id have nice tinted windows and a clean, dent, scratch free car. But now I get to pay a body shop to fix my mistake and have untinted windows. Its not just that I wanted to save money, I wanted to learn how to tint and do it myself and go through that whole experience. Well, theres my 1st post. Telling everyone how much of an idiot I am. I tend to learn things the hard way.

anyway. I love my mazda6!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Like ECsixOwner said, fishing line works great to get the emblems off and then Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol (IPA) will get the rest of the adhesive off with zero damage to the paint and without a lot of work. That's what I did on my car when I removed the Mazda emblem on the back and the IPA worked on getting the residue off from my pinstripe as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Has anyone completely gotten rid of the Flying M on the trunk?
I took of my emblem, and just thought it looked beautiful without it.....................if it weren't for those blasted 2 holes!

If anyone has done it, how'd you fill in the 2 holes. Just seeing if there's a DIY method i could try, rather than hitting the body shop.

·
Registered
32 Posts
cant read em all

so ive simply got the mazda 2.3l and i wud LOVE to debadge it but im worried bout there being holes holding them in. if they are bolted in what can i use to cover it up? and for the trim on the doors, are they simply just stuck on? i cant read all the posts lol sry

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mazda 6 logo is gone,

Took some sun, a credit card, my thumbnail and some wd-40 with a towel

I'll see if I can do the door guards today
it wasnt bolted in?

·
Registered
32 Posts
QUOTE (Svenson14 @ Aug 10 2009, 09:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1590484

ok...so i don't have a silver 08, but at least it's a picture. :)

don't really have a full on back end shot, but close enough
first off...im jealous lol second, i REALLY want tht evil M on the trunk. can u tell me how u did it? like best thing to cut it and how u made it stick back on. im nervous tht w.e i do ill mess it up :/

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi, I just debadged. Car looks good. I went all the way, including the "flying M". No one has said much on options to plug the holes.

Any Comments?

Thanks and I would really like to make these holes disappear fast.

Barrie

221 - 240 of 278 Posts