Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the 35W 5000K "DDM Premium Slimline HID" kit in my 2008 Mazda 6i Sport. Initially, the left headlamp worked just fine and the right would not come on. I took the right out and unplugged and reconnected all connections. When I turned the lights back on, the right one then flickered. After that, I re-checked connections on both headlights (just to be safe on the left side), and now both will flicker initially when turned on, and then they both go out. I tried with the car off and while running, no luck. I also checked to see how charged my battery was just in case it was too weak or something, it was nearly fully charged. I'm wondering if it's possible that I received two bad ballasts, two bad bulbs, or what else the problem could be. Any help, comments, input would be greatly appreciated! I am waiting to hear back from RPM too (I e-mailed them earlier today).

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, after hooking both ballasts directly to the battery, the determination is that they are both DOA; working with RPM and DDM to get them replaced. Thread can be closed

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok thanks! Yeah I hope mine too will work well, I will be installing them today!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts