Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The DDM HID conversion kit is the perfect kit for people that want the advantadges that HID can offer but want the smallest ballasts available with the alstest technology. This kit offer great performace, easy install, advanced circuitry and takes little space under the hood. And yes, it's also covered by a Lifetime warranty.

Here's what makes this kit a great deal :

- Smallest ballasts available for the easiest placement possible under the hood and designed on the last Philips genaration of thin ballasts.

- Completely Plug and Play: Connect the included harness from the battery to the ballasts, plug your headlight connectors into the ballasts and insert the bulbs into your headlights!

- Lifetime warranty on all components

- Fits into existing headlights or foglights

- All hardware and installation instructions included

The kit includes :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 2 Xenon-Charged Bulbs

- 2 HID Ballasts

- 2 Wiring Harnesses & Connectors

- 1 Harness to get power from your car's battery

- Heavy Duty Double-Sided tape for easy mounting of the ballasts

Here's an install made on a Lotus. Yes. The ballast are behing the front brakes. The ballast is that small !!! :)

What about pricing?

DDM HID 35 watt Performance System - $325.00 Shipping included

This deal is available at: http://www.xenonexpert.com/ddm_kit_sale.html

Send us an email or leave a post here and we’ll be happy to assist you with any questions you might have. Hope we can have you as new customers soon.

[email protected]

Thank you for your time.

Olivier Gibeault

President, Xenon Expert

·
Registered
358 Posts
Can you get Philips "Ultinon" 6,000K D2S Bulbs??

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do these compare to your Apexcone Racing Conversion Kit?? How about the cut-off on them?
[/b]
They are 35W so The Apexcone 50W racing kit is brighter, DDM is smaller and easy to hide. Sme grat cut off because they use Apexcone bulbs.

Can you get Philips "Ultinon" 6,000K D2S Bulbs??
[/b]

Yep. http://www.xenonexpert.com/hidbulbs.html

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first person that is interested into getting one of the kit for their 6 please contact me directly at [email protected] . We can give you a reduced price in exchange for a non biased review.

If you were looking at an HID upgrade without breaking the bank, this is your chance. And we aren't talking about $5 off here...

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
So this one doesn't require drilling of the headlight housings, as done with the other kit?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So this one doesn't require drilling of the headlight housings, as done with the other kit?
[/b]
ALL HID kits will require you to drill the dust caps. This kit has smaller ballasts and a battery harness.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
ALL HID kits will require you to drill the dust caps. This kit has smaller ballasts and a battery harness.
[/b]
Got it. Thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So besides ballast size and cost :sarc: ...what's the difference between, say a 35w DDM and a 35w Apexcone? I'm assuming not much?

I'm debating on upgrading to HIDs on my 6. She's a lil jealous especially after adding a Apexcone 6k Race Kit to my "scoot scoot" :lol:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So besides ballast size and cost :sarc: ...what's the difference between, say a 35w DDM and a 35w Apexcone? I'm assuming not much?

I'm debating on upgrading to HIDs on my 6. She's a lil jealous especially after adding a Apexcone 6k Race Kit to my "scoot scoot" :lol:
[/b]

The higher price of the DDM kit comes from the higher cost of the kit due its ballasts and the included battery harness.

·
Registered
111 Posts
battery harness
[/b]
Enlighten me. I thought that was only needed for a 50w kit? Any pics? I've done 2 HID installs but never had to attach one.

Also, w/ the H1 kit, I've noticed that some people have to mod this part and have to insert it through the rubber seal:

With the 6k kit I just did, these wires were already inserted through the rubber part. Is that what the battery harness is for or...if not, do you have a set of wires for either the DDM or Apexcone that will bypass this step?

Thanks for your help :yesnod:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts