Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case you wanted to see what they looked like on a 2nd Gen 6! :yesnod:

I'll try to get some night time shots when it's night time & I have a camera on hand.

[attachment=44977:DDM.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE (p-dro @ Feb 1 2010, 06:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633947

I'll try to get some night time shots when it's night time & I have a camera on hand.

[attachment=44977:DDM.jpg][/b]
Prolly been asked before. Do you have to remove the bumper cover to do all that?

Any squirrel finders? Anyone beaming you?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Deadstick @ Feb 1 2010, 05:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633952
Prolly been asked before. Do you have to remove the bumper cover to do all that?

Any squirrel finders? Anyone beaming you?[/b]
I installed them Saturday night, so I've only had them for a few days. No one has beamed me yet, the squirrel finders are there, and the cutoff is definitely not OEM HID quality... but it is quite a difference from the stock halogen.

As far as the install, yes, I removed the bumper... and yes, it was a bit of a PITA. Mostly because I kept finding more screws... I think there are 12 across the bottom in total. Well worth the extra effort, I'd have NO idea how you'd get to the back of the housing with enough clearance to install the bulbs.

·
Registered
658 Posts
QUOTE (Deadstick @ Feb 1 2010, 06:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633952

Any squirrel finders? Anyone beaming you?[/b]
i've taken the bumper off about 10 times now. its not THAT hard but just keep track of the screws and bolts etc... bumper needs to be removed only thing is just make sure everything lines up when you put it back together... headlight flush and bumper tight in the retainer and not sticking out... all you need to remover bumper is a phillips head, 10mm ratchet, and a flathead. and some patience :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Ankit69 @ Feb 1 2010, 06:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633989
i've taken the bumper off about 10 times now... and some patience :)[/b]
Sounds like you've had plenty of practice!

It really wasn't that difficult after I figured out what needs to be unscrewed. Putting it all back together was definitely a lot easier.

·
Registered
45 Posts
QUOTE (p-dro @ Feb 1 2010, 03:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633947

[attachment=44977:DDM.jpg][/b]

Great! Can't wait to see some night shots. I would like to have mine done in a few months as well and am wondering how the cut off will look like. Really hate people with after market HID with reflectors that really blinded me (it's really dangerous in a dark rainy day...).

·
Registered
658 Posts
QUOTE (p-dro @ Feb 1 2010, 08:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634002
Sounds like you've had plenty of practice!

It really wasn't that difficult after I figured out what needs to be unscrewed. Putting it all back together was definitely a lot easier.[/b]
a little too much practice........ i've broken many parts in the practice those stupid black retainers in which the headlight screw into cost me about $20 a piece -- replaced 4 times total and the nuts that catch the headlight bolts (u-nuts) drove me insane because they were "back-ordered" for about 3 months. nuts! stupid nuts! lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
OKay so you have to take off the whole front bumper in order to change the headlights? . I just ordered 6,000K for my foglights from ddmtuning.com. When i install them i will put up some pics here.

·
Registered
658 Posts
QUOTE (vmann @ Feb 1 2010, 11:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634050
OKay so you have to take off the whole front bumper in order to change the headlights? . I just ordered 6,000K for my foglights from ddmtuning.com. When i install them i will put up some pics here.[/b]

yep the whole thing has to come out. depends on your skill or not you may need to remove the headlights as well... again 10mm bolts. i'd recommend doing that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My friend bought them from there and they looked good so I installed them on my old six and loved them also. Now i got the new six and I liked the lights on my old six better than the stock xenon lights on my six now so I would love to change them. Also they are one of the lowest priced sites with a lifetime warrenty. However my friend has had his lights for just about 4 years now and no problems at all yet.

·
Registered
658 Posts
QUOTE (vmann @ Feb 1 2010, 11:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634055
My friend bought them from there and they looked good so I installed them on my old six and loved them also. Now i got the new six and I liked the lights on my old six better than the stock xenon lights on my six now so I would love to change them. Also they are one of the lowest priced sites with a lifetime warrenty. However my friend has had his lights for just about 4 years now and no problems at all yet.[/b]
gotcha. i would have recommend elsewhere but glad you got the lifetime warranty. i got 55w's hids instead of 35w. i like em more. congrats though!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah A lot more for the same thing. DDM also has 55w bulbs for a lot cheaper. But as long as your happy! Do like the angel eyes though. Already have the led strips on my car.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Why does everyone say you have to take the bumper off? I was able to do this just fine with the bumper on, all I had to do was take the fender liner out. Your working at a weird angle and have to be alot more carful but you can do it just fine...

·
Registered
291 Posts
1 - 20 of 58 Posts