Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has any experience with the DC sports exhaust and what does it sound like if anyone has any experience with it

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
DC sports has supposedly been working on the Mazda6 V6 Headers, Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, and s Lower Rear Tie Bar for some time now. Over a year on the headers.

I wouldn't expect anything soon from them.

As far as experience, the only DC Sports Exhaust equipped cars I've seen are Civics, and we all know how they sound. Remember, DC Sports makes Cat-back exhaust systems, not sure on just mufflers.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
yeah, nothing available from DC yet. the headers were a no go, as decided by AEM, plus they don't allow for oil filter changing without removing the header? as far as the exhaust, it will most likely be "coming soon" for another 6 months at least...and when it comes out, it will be another cat back. typically their stuff cost a bit more (like Injen and Greddy) and the quality shows....but don't expect performance.

just my .02

·
Registered
10 Posts
If any of you can get me part#'s or anything like that, I can get you guaranteed official release dates and/or cancellation notices. I work in the aftermarket automotive industry and I actually talk with people at AEM (among other companies) on a daily basis.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have the only set available for the V6..i was the prototype. There will never be headers from DC sports for our car besides the ones i have. The design, look, quality of these headers are awesome (even for a prototype version) however, as MrTea said, I have had issues with getting the OEM filter out. Right now I am running a smaller sized filter, works fine for me. Sound was very raspy because I paired it with an unresonated 2.5" cat back made available by draxas which is no longer available either (correct me if im wrong). Currently, I still have these headers, still running the same catback but i added two resonators a 22" and an 18". It gets a little raspy on the high side, but it sounds GREAT...sorry i do not have the ability to get video or sound clips still...

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Ceramic Headers: MHC4101
Two 3:1 Brushed SS Headers: MHS4101B
Dual Canister Cat-Back: DCS6101

I am interested in release dates for these as well:
Front Upper Strut Bar: CSB4103 (Got pricing and all, just says "Coming Soon"
Rear Lower Tie Bar: MTB4003

All are for the V6. Except the strut/tie bars should be the same for both models.

Please let me know PM is fine. I will PM this post to you as well.

Thanks in advance,
Pathik
PRacing.Com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ceramic Headers: MHC4101
Two 3:1 Brushed SS Headers: MHS4101B
Dual Canister Cat-Back: DCS6101

I am interested in release dates for these as well:
Front Upper Strut Bar: CSB4103 (Got pricing and all, just says "Coming Soon"
Rear Lower Tie Bar: MTB4003

All are for the V6. Except the strut/tie bars should be the same for both models.

Please let me know PM is fine. I will PM this post to you as well.

Thanks in advance,
Pathik
PRacing.Com
[/b]
I'll see what I can do for you. Give me a couple days though, I haven't been back to work yet since the accident.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
headers are a no go for sure, the rest is still up in the air. i've been talking to them for a long time, when AEM bought DC it really screwed things up as it's like a kid asking mom if they can go play, all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
MrTea
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing