Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was replacing my H11's and H1's the other day and happened to notice the day time running light is this tiny little bulb. Unfortunately it doesnt match my H11's, H1's or HIDs. When i looked in the manual and Lordco (huge parts store) i couldn't find the bulb type or where to buy one that would shine pure white.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Just get a white led bulb to fit in its place.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
wait? I dont have daytime running lights?!?!?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
aka parking lights. aka DRL's.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
oh...duh my bad.
tower 2s leds look awesome.

·
Registered
738 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Bah when I got my DRL done the guys who did it made my HID's the DRL... its a pissoff knowing I'm wasting my HID's but it looks so much better in the day that way :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
or you could have just turned on the headlights and turned off the fogs for that ....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well I didn't ask for them to fuck up. They messed up the relay or whatever they do and it turns the wrong light on when they turn the key.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't think Dephect realizes that in Canada, the DRLs have to come on with the ignition - just keeping the headlight switch turned on isn't acceptable.

You should be able to have the relays rewired to light up the parking lights - any car stereo shop should be able to handle that easily.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
wait? I dont have daytime running lights?!?!?
Haha no, you don't.

aka parking lights. aka DRL's.
Actually, DRLs run de-powered high beams or low beams, and come on involuntarily. Parking lights are parking lights, and must be actuated with the switch. Those are the beloved 194s everyone has such issues replacing, for whatever reason.

And DRLs are the law in Canadia.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts