Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We used to have a thread somewhere with a bunch of datalogs in it. Anyways I'll post one of mine up here. I'm running my own custom map. Here is a log that has 3rd and 4th gear in it, not rowing through them. Red - 3rd, Blue - 4th.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Bova,

I've been living under a rock. What mods were on your car when this log was taken?

Thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice. 285 g/s is a good number for a stock K04.

·
Registered
378 Posts
is 12.afr ok at wot ??

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
is 12.afr ok at wot ??
It depends. Many would consider that a little lean if you're not running meth. If everything is running right and your have a good ic, 11.5-11.7 or so is good. But it really depends on your IATs, BATs, and most inportantly, whether you are getting any KR.

Open ATR and look at your OL/WOT No KR fuel table.... it has your ECU's target (Command Eq) afrs vs rpms. I would bet you are running leaner than you targets.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
cause logging is fun. as usual 3rd gear log, with a little of 4th, just not enough space for fast speeds. my intercooler seems to be doing a great job in keeping the temps down. the ambient temp outside is about 65.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Here is my 3rd gear.
Fujita Intake
HKS bov
Cobb v1.03 Fujita Map.
Looks good... if you're running the stock tmic, it must be pretty chilly up there ;)

yeah, when it cools down a little more i usually peak in the upper 290's.
Damn Bova, I'm barely clipping 273 g/s in today's log. I think I've peaked at 277, but it was cooler out (last winter iirc). I'm HOPING to gain some air flow when I replace the stock DP, mani & TP out for the catted DP and DNP mani. I dunno... I'm sure it will help some, but I'm not expecting too much.

I need to adjust the upper portion of my maf, as I go all rich at 6K- redline. Also, I'm getting the GD crap where your FT's are still active well after dipping into wot. Bova, did that shit ever get figured out on msf? I posted there as well but I'm getting no love. I use to only see that with MS3's.... LTFT's active well into wot run, but ECU is targeting OL/WOT afrs.

I attached two from today (one in 3rd and one in 4th). I was spraying 100% water at the time as well. Not sure how water affects afrs... I know meth will richen you up by about a half point using a 50/50 mix, which is what I'm gonna run. I mixed up 10 gallons tonight so once the water runs out, I'll be running that.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i don't think it got figured out. but i'm over it, haha, doesn't seem to be happening much now that i tweaked my maf curve a bit. now that its getting colder i'll have to do some more logs. i won't to go over 300g/s, lol. mind you i'm still on stock turbo and stock exhaust manifold. might be going to the track to here in the next week or 2.

you're logs look good, but yeah you are pretty damn rich up top as compared to what you have in the table. to fix this you have to adjust the maf calibration for those areas.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You won't see > 300g/s with a stock K04 unless your MAF table is majorly off. It just can't flow that much. I only once saw 301g/s on mine, but that was with a just barely warmed up engine in 46F air. My MAF table is a little fat too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My MAF g/s flatlines from 4200 - 7000 @ 250 kPa MAP.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
who doesn't love datalogs. Flat-foot shifting 3rd to 4th. trying to calibrate my upper maf values. appears i have to multiply voltages from 4.2 and up by 1.02. you find this by dividing your actual afr by what you have in your WOT fueling table (no knock) in ATR,

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Man, it's crazy to observe what KR does to the throttle plate. Even just the subtle <1.

It's been literally years since I've done any data logging. I really think I might try to do some tonight.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Unless you took your foot off the pedal, you need a fuel pump upgrade. At 2.7s you drop to 799PSI and 19.7 AFR. The KR follows that lean spike. Do you have the late model fuel pump, or the pre-TSB pump?

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
i'm not even on the throttle right there. i have a upgraded fuel pump...i don't go WOT until 3.16, fixed the image so you can see that

trust me, i've been around long enough, i know what i am doing.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts