Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to use my AutoEnginuity to log the throttle actuator. I have some suspicions about how the ecu runs the throttle. I think they open the throttle more than you push the pedal to give a sense of big power at small pedal inputs.

There are like 5 different PIDs listed for throttle position. None of them ever show 100% throttle.

None of them show a direct relationship to pedal input either.

Has anyone else ever looked at this?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
It will never show 100%.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have some suspicions about how the ecu runs the throttle. I think they open the throttle more than you push the pedal to give a sense of big power at small pedal inputs.

[/b]
That is the general idea behind throttle by wire... It works too because most people wont go out and floor a car on a test drive, so if they go and just give it part throttle but the thing really moves they think wow, this must be one fast car, i didn't even have it floored!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are you able to see what throttle position provides the best response? Also, does it vary by gear? My MS6 seems to pull strong in 1st and 2nd, stutter in 3rd and 4th, but pull decently in 5th and 6th. Half-throttle seems to give the best response in any gear, though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Butt dyno says pushing the pedal about half way down then increase as revs go up gives best power.

I'm still trying to figure out which PID is the pedal input and which is the actual TPS.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good luck, and thanks for researching it. Let us know what you come up with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Mr. Speed
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing