Mazda 6 Forums banner

1021 - 1037 of 1037 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
i just installed the dashkit for an 05 mazda6 with manual climate controls. my lcd screen does not work at all. it just stays black... and it seems that when i lock/unlock my car, my headlights/tail lights dont flash anymore, nor does it make the beep noise...[/b]
headlights/tail lights dont flash anymore, nor does it make the beep noise

Check the trunk hood and all doors if one is open it will not do any of that that is how it lets you know something is ajar

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking around to check pricies on a dash kit when I came across this forum did you know that crutchfield has a dash kit for the 6 and a wiring harness you have to take the ac controls off and put them on but it lets you mount a standard radio in place of the factory radio it sells for $150 but if you buy a radio from them its $89.99

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'll just chime in my two cents here on the Metra kit ... I tried installing two of the kits on my 2006 when they first came out, couldn't get either to work properly, and got a refund ... was VERY disappointed in the build quality. The hazard and other buttons worked unreliably and reminded me of some consumer electronics I encountered on a visit to Russia. :sarc:

For now, I'm living with the mediocre factory head unit (which will at least play CD-RW discs) and may opt for installing a second head unit in the space where the navigation system goes and bypass the factory unit. If anyone has done this, I'd appreciate the link. :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm using the Metra single din kit with my 2006 6i and had zero problems with it. The display and all buttons work fine. The hazard button is a bit sloppy, but that is my only complaint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

My girlfriend is looking at picking up a 2007 Mazda 6i, and I wanted to surprize her on her birthday with a double din headunit navigation system for her car.

I believe I saw that there is none and don't expect one?

Anyway for a double din dash kit? Or will I have to try to buy the single din, and mold it to fit a double din headunit. I've done basic molding on my TSX for my car PC. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Anything else I should look into for the 6.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Have you looked at 1 din flip outs? Kenwood has an OK looking one with a garmin GPS in it, and Alpine has a great looking one with an OK gps.

--------------

I'm curious if anyone has tried removing the factory CD player from the faceplate, then install the faceplate back into the car and see if the clock and climate controls work.

Anyone ever try that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok i have been through the search and what not to try to find this... so my last resort is a post that i know i will probably get bashed for

has anyone put a double din nav unit into a 2004 mazda 6 yet

im looking to put one in my managers car and am finding no bolt in option

thanks for any help
adam

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys,
why not try this one?
Mazda 6 motirized LCD monitor(Mazda 6 from 2003 to 2006)
1.Digital TV:built in CMMB digital TV (apply for China)
2.Creative High definition scheme: with 7 inch high definition touchscreen,you can enjoy the real beautiful pictures
3.Original car design:according to Mazda 6 original car design, enjoy your luxury car while remaining the original CD host and the audio system.
4.GPS:built in GPS module, you can install the map in the SD card and update the map freely.
5.Input mode:support handwriting/intelligent spelling and etc to search for the destination.
6.Multimediaplaying: support MP4/MP3/ASF/AVI/WMV/WAV/MID/BMP/JPG/PNG/GIF
7.Large capacity: with 4G memory for all kind of musics/movies/pictures which downloading from web.
8.Expandable function:can connect with CD/DVD box
9.Personalized start-up setting: you can update the start-up pictures according to your requirements.
10.Rearview camera (optional)
11.Bluetooth handfree function while connecting with your mobile phone
Seems good

QUOTE (aja256 @ Oct 15 2009, 05:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1609169
Ok i have been through the search and what not to try to find this... so my last resort is a post that i know i will probably get bashed for

thanks for any help
adam[/b]

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
anyone interested?
QUOTE (jamie1746 @ Dec 6 2009, 06:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1621549
Hey guys,
why not try this one?
Mazda 6 motirized LCD monitor(Mazda 6 from 2003 to 2006)
1.Digital TV:built in CMMB digital TV (apply for China)
2.Creative High definition scheme: with 7 inch high definition touchscreen,you can enjoy the real beautiful pictures
3.Original car design:according to Mazda 6 original car design, enjoy your luxury car while remaining the original CD host and the audio system.
4.GPS:built in GPS module, you can install the map in the SD card and update the map freely.
5.Input mode:support handwriting/intelligent spelling and etc to search for the destination.
6.Multimediaplaying: support MP4/MP3/ASF/AVI/WMV/WAV/MID/BMP/JPG/PNG/GIF
7.Large capacity: with 4G memory for all kind of musics/movies/pictures which downloading from web.
8.Expandable function:can connect with CD/DVD box
9.Personalized start-up setting: you can update the start-up pictures according to your requirements.
10.Rearview camera (optional)
11.Bluetooth handfree function while connecting with your mobile phone
Seems good[/b]

·
Registered
133 Posts
QUOTE (aja256 @ Oct 15 2009, 08:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1609169

thanks for any help
adam[/b]
:yesnod: Sorry for the dated reply. Here's a LINK from my Sep 2005 install with pics of a double DIN Pioneer AVIC-D1 with the Metra dash kit in my 2005 Mazda6. I replaced the AVIC D1 this past summer with a AVIC Z3. I still have my Mazda6 and I love both the car and the custom installed Pioneer radio. Any questions, I'll be glad to answer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
QUOTE (aja256 @ Oct 15 2009, 08:00 PM)
:yesnod: Sorry for the dated reply. Here's a LINK from my Sep 2005 install with pics of a double DIN Pioneer AVIC-D1 with the Metra dash kit in my 2005 Mazda6. I replaced the AVIC D1 this past summer with a AVIC Z3. I still have my Mazda6 and I love both the car and the custom installed Pioneer radio. Any questions, I'll be glad to answer.
nice

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a 2003 mazda 6s and i am trying to put a new radio in it. the problem i have is the dash kit, the AC button is on the left and the rear defrost button is on the right. in my car its the opposite the defrost is on the left and the AC is on the right. what do i do here???

can anyone please help me out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2003 mazda 6s and i am trying to put a new radio in it. the problem i have is the dash kit, the AC button is on the left and the rear defrost button is on the right. in my car its the opposite the defrost is on the left and the AC is on the right. what do i do here???

can anyone please help me out?
I have the same problem !.

Please help us. :lol:

1021 - 1037 of 1037 Posts