Mazda 6 Forums banner

1001 - 1020 of 1037 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
LoL, ya probably, but have you guys seen the dash kit, idk if its custom but its where the hu is and its like a black frame around it. If so where could I purchase one?[/b]

best buy

if we knew this....we would all have them :slap:

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi has any 1 in uk bought this kit? as the A/C and rear window heater buttons are the other way around on a Euro model, just wondered if it created any problems at all.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Hi has any 1 in uk bought this kit? as the A/C and rear window heater buttons are the other way around on a Euro model, just wondered if it created any problems at all.[/b]
The Metra dash kits will not function properly on vehicles that are sold outside of the United States and Canada.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Metra dash kits will not function properly on vehicles that are sold outside of the United States and Canada.[/b]
Will this new kit function properly with Canadian models now? Previously, the old kit lost some functionality (including LCD text) when used on a Canadian model.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Will this new kit function properly with Canadian models now? Previously, the old kit lost some functionality (including LCD text) when used on a Canadian model.[/b]
I've shipped kits to Canada and never had any problems reported. I don't recall hearing that about the old kits. Generally the problem occurs on vehicles that are manufactured in Japan. I believe this is due to conflicts with the trip computer, which is not available in the US.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi has any 1 in uk bought this kit? as the A/C and rear window heater buttons are the other way around on a Euro model, just wondered if it created any problems at all.[/b]
Here's the lowdown for anyone in Europe or the UK wanting to know about compatibility with the new 99-7757 '06 Metra kits over here:

I've just fitted mine and it's 75% working with a European model car. The buttons all work as they should and do the neccesary functions, the LCD screen works and you can programme your name in to the display too. My car has climate control which all appears to fuction quite happily as well.

All good however the only problem I've got is that it appears the climate control system isn't talking back to the Metra's PCB to feed back the status of whats on or off and variables such as temperature settings etc. I think the LCD display is fuctioning ok with the kit as all the climate control indications that occasionally change on the display also change on the front facia (things such as A/C on/off, air recycle etc etc). I've only spent about 3 hrs on it so far so off to get the Oscilloscope out now to see what voltages are on what when connected to the climate control unit. An interesing one would be whether if I replaced the Climate Control unit on my European model with a US equivalent would the Metra kit work fine then? I'm sure it would.

Can someone tell me whether on a US '6 both the ambient and climate control temperature is shown in degrees Fahrenheit or Celcius?

I've got two options, firstly to persue getting my new Metra kit to function fully or do some soldering and re-wiring and re-fit my existing head unit hidden away behind the dash. I'd ideally like to get the Metra functioning as those horrible words 'Bose Sound' are going to bug me after a while, plus it's nice having something on the display!!

Other good news appears to be that the trip computer (only on European models) isn't affected by the Metra kit and still works fine when it's fitted.

Another interesing question, what do the other jumpers do on the middle of the board? There is a 5 pin jumper and a 4 pin one. These might be connections to other peripherals but if anyone has any info I'd be grateful. I'll most likely speak to Metra on Monday about it too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've shipped kits to Canada and never had any problems reported. I don't recall hearing that about the old kits. Generally the problem occurs on vehicles that are manufactured in Japan. I believe this is due to conflicts with the trip computer, which is not available in the US.[/b]
Interesting. I was reading a post from a Québec based member who could not get his LCD working, and Metra responded that it was because his car was a Canadian model. This was with the old kit though, not the 06+ model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting. I was reading a post from a Québec based member who could not get his LCD working, and Metra responded that it was because his car was a Canadian model. This was with the old kit though, not the 06+ model.[/b]
I think it is the climate control unit that won't work with the dashkit, not the LCD. Here in the UK, the LCD screen works fine with my Metra kit, just the climate control and temperature display don't. I've got a US climate control unit on order from someone on ebay so fingers crossed when I put it in, it will display properly again. Apart from this, there aren't any other electronics connected directly to the dashkit PCB so guess there must be variations in the climate control firmware. one such difference is the display being in degrees Fahreinheit rather than celcius.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it is the climate control unit that won't work with the dashkit, not the LCD. Here in the UK, the LCD screen works fine with my Metra kit, just the climate control and temperature display don't. I've got a US climate control unit on order from someone on ebay so fingers crossed when I put it in, it will display properly again. Apart from this, there aren't any other electronics connected directly to the dashkit PCB so guess there must be variations in the climate control firmware. one such difference is the display being in degrees Fahreinheit rather than celcius.[/b]
Guys, I just purchased a Turbo 2 Metra Kit for my UK Mazda 6. I knew that from what the RPM store told me, they have had problems reported such as the A/C controls flasing etc. My metra kit works fine with the A/C buttons, Climate control and all the lights work fine. However, my data LCD screen does not work. Has anyone from the UK managed to get this to work again, or does anyone in the US know?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
i just installed the dashkit for an 05 mazda6 with manual climate controls. my lcd screen does not work at all. it just stays black... and it seems that when i lock/unlock my car, my headlights/tail lights dont flash anymore, nor does it make the beep noise...[/b]
did you disconnect the battery before you started unplugging stuff? if not then check your fuses

1001 - 1020 of 1037 Posts