Mazda 6 Forums banner

981 - 1000 of 1037 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Falcon, thanks for the reply.
I am sure this is a dumb question, but isn't the auto climate integrated with the stereo? How will they create a kit for that?[/b]

ACC isn't integrated into the stereo. to get it to work they have circuit boards, like in the 03-05 kit. the ACC unit is removed and placed on the new metra kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ACC isn't integrated into the stereo. to get it to work they have circuit boards, like in the 03-05 kit. the ACC unit is removed and placed on the new metra kit.[/b]
I spoke to Matt at Metra myself last week and he told me the Dashkit is due imminently. For me, it can't come soon enough and I can't wait until I can get my Kenwood HU back in to my new Mazda 6. I'll test out whether the US/European compatibility issues are still a problem but as I suspect they will be, I have a plan to keep my existing OEM HU anchored somewhere behind the dash so that the climate control, trip counter and LCD display still function properly.

On my European Mazda 6, my trip counter works through the radio, presumably as the data from the ECU is passed through the OEM HU and on to the LCD display? Does the new Metra dashkit incorporate the extra trip counter functions on the LCD, presuming US vehicles also have trip counters on the 2006 Mazda 6 model?

Neil.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
On my European Mazda 6, my trip counter works through the radio, presumably as the data from the ECU is passed through the OEM HU and on to the LCD display? Does the new Metra dashkit incorporate the extra trip counter functions on the LCD, presuming US vehicles also have trip counters on the 2006 Mazda 6 model?
Neil.[/b]
The US Mazda 6's still do not have a trip computer. The 2003-2005 Metra dash kit did not function properly when installed on non-US vehicles. It's yet to be known whether or not the new one will work properly.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
heyyy... if i install the aftermarket turbo 2 kit radio dash kit... would i still be able to access the in dash stock cd changer?[/b]

in order to install the dash kit, you need to remove the stock changer

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm hoping they can give us Speed6 guys something to match our interior also. I would settle for gloss black if they can't matc the factory dark grey w/ streaks. Looks pretty difficult to match.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm hoping they can give us Speed6 guys something to match our interior also. I would settle for gloss black if they can't matc the factory dark grey w/ streaks. Looks pretty difficult to match.[/b]
yeah, I doubt it, would be nice though.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My question is...do you think Metra made the kit like the picture I posted from another thread...IE, just take off the stock radio part and put a plastic back on it to fit the head unit, use its own electronics to get the display to work, etc. If it's like that, at least it'll match the finish...I doubt it though huh? The prototype picture wasn't like that at all.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
OKKKKK DREAM WEAVE.. u try to look through 60 pages of posts... dont have to be a dick about it.[/b]

searching just the "In Car Electronics" forum produces 12 pages of results
link

on the first page of results
link 2

which has a link to this, which is also on the second page of results
link 3

and this
link 4

and this
link 5

all that searching took less than 2 minutes

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have lost faith in Metra, If it does come out it will probably be in like 2008...[/b]

well it did take 2+ years to come out with the 03-05 kit, so they are staying right with thier average.

981 - 1000 of 1037 Posts