Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a squeaky noise coming from the passenger side of my dashboard. It usually happens on warmer days whenever I drive over a rough spot, and especially when my car has been sitting in the sun for a while. The noise can also be duplicated when I push on the dashboard directly above the glove box. It's coming from between the dashboard and the plastic defroster panel, and it's sounds like it's caused by vinyl rubbing on plastic.

My car is out of warranty. Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
on my old 2004 M6s i actually had two distinct problems:
1. Problem: the dash rubbed where the windshield met the passanger "a" pillar at the dash
Solution: installed rubber shims from the under side of the dash, pulled the glove box out, the got up under the dash with some shims to keep the dash from moving. i used some old rubber rubbish from my toolbox.
2. Problem: with the dash secure about the next day i got a new squeek from right behind the far passanger vent.
Solution: there's a plastic HVAC pipping that runs vertically to the vent, you can see it's pretty loose, try fitting in a piece of foam rubber to stablize the pipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
cyberderf
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing