Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many others are having issues with the dashboard cracking on the passenger side.? I found a TSB on it and called Mazda CSR. I was instructed to take it to the dealership for a diagnosis (no charge). The dealership took a few pictures and sent them to their regional rep. Apparently, Mazda thinks this is "normal" and does not need repair.
I've never had a car where the dashboard has cracked, so I do not consider it normal.

Has anyone gotten Mazda to repair/replace this issue, and if so, how?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Mine's not cracking anywhere but I am getting the sticky-dash problem others have. I called a Mazda dealer in Cape Girardeau and gave him my info about it. There is a TSB but he told me Mazda hasn't provided replacement parts yet so he can't do anything about it until they do.
If the TSB you found includes paperwork to get your money back if you've already paid to fix the problem, you might be able to get it replaced with a doner car and get your money back with the form.

Good Luck,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
16,838 Posts
Mine cracked near the glove box for a while, then went away and hasn't come back. Now in cold weather I've got something near the top center speaker that's cracking on bumps but it goes away once the car warms up a little bit.

When it comes to the winter, I'm just used to having cars not sound happy so I can ignore it pretty well.

Could just be some plastic clips rubbing together weird. Check under the glove box, where the passenger left-most kick plate joins the center console. There's a tab down there that you can add some tape to or something to negate the cracking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I had the air bag replaced and showed the service dept the crack which is now much worse than a year ago. I also showed the sticky substance near the top of the dash. They wouldn't replace the dash from the cracking issue, but apparently the sticky issue is covered. They ordered a passenger dash which took a long time to arrive, but finally I have an appointment today to get it replaced "under warranty" even though the warranty has expired.
I'll post again later after the work is done to give an update.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine just now developed a 12" long crack; possibly caused by our extreme cold weather. Dealer wants $475 parts and labor. Right now, I don't know if I can do the work myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Received my Warranty Extension information for the 'sticky surface' crash pad today. Unfortunately mine is cracked, not sticky.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Is it shiny at the top edge, up by the windshield? If so, it's breaking down and is probably sticky in the heat. I got mine replaced last month after a very long wait. I eventually contacted MazdaUSA through the website and they helped speed up the dealers ordering of parts.

Replacement took about 3 hours.

~Mike

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I just got two envelopes in the mail today for both my GT's. It says the parts are now widely available. I suspect everyone on here also got this letter this week. I do not have the problem on either of mine. Then again............I've been using Leather Conditioner on the whole interior including the dash since I drove them off the lot. Maybe that helps? But I put the recall notice in the car just in case. I think its for 10 years from original warranty date. Guess I have a couple years left on the 2010. Lets hope I don't start having the issue in 2021.............:|

1 - 10 of 10 Posts