Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member from the chicago area. Just saying hi!! Got a question if anyone has any problems with the passenger side dash ratteling while hitting bumps on the highway. It sounds like the air bag is loose. Just looking for some help??

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You're not alone. Do a quick search in our forum for rattles. You'll be embraced with more than you really want to know. One thread was called "weighing in on rattles" or something really close. Give it a try.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The problem is the "dash pin" (the dash assembly arm sits in a white cup). You have to pull out the glovebox (be careful about the string on the side). Look up under that dash and you will eventually find it. Bribe a g/f or someone w/ small wrists and hands to put some foam up in there. Problem fixed!

The dash pin helps align the dash assembly during the install at the factory. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The annoying dash rattle on my 05s was a loose air duct, noticed it withing 5 minutes of leaving the lot. It took the dealer 3 tries to get it fixed, third times a charm. Rattle free for three weeks. The service manager said they ended up actually using electrical tape and silicon sealer to keep the duct from loosening up and rattling again.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Sounds like the dash locator pin. Ask the dealer about fixing it and do a search on here and bring them in the print out.

Also, you'll notice more and more rattles as time goes on, unfortnately it's just something that our car is plagued with.

My advice, add some magnaflows, a CPE and a system, that way you'll drown out all those annoying rattles ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Originally posted by davo12@Aug 24 2005, 07:51 AM
so am I one of the lucky ones without a dash rattle?
[snapback]491470[/snapback]​
Still haven't been able to hear it on mine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Originally posted by Trinity 6i@Aug 26 2005, 07:12 AM
My advice, add some magnaflows, a CPE and  a system, that way you'll drown out all those annoying rattles ;)
[snapback]493011[/snapback]​
Exactly!!! :seeya:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Originally posted by Monk@Aug 24 2005, 09:07 AM
For the time being . . .  ;)
[snapback]491486[/snapback]​
None here either.

16 months. 11K miles

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Originally posted by jdips01@Aug 31 2005, 08:33 AM
WTF...do you carpool everywhere?  :huh:
[snapback]496748[/snapback]​
I live 3 miles from my job and every place I need to get to is within 10 miles of my house. And I haven't been able to take any trips because of family obligations. Makes for low mileage.

And with the price of gas these days, that works out great.

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts