Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to spice up the interior of my black 6. I dont have the bankroll to get new seats or have anything professionally done (especially if i want to take a ski trip over the winter). What materials would i need, and how do I go about taking it apart and painting it.

thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
You mean the center face plate of the radio/cd player? For sure you would have to remove the radio head unit. I did this recently, though I didn't remove the face plate. In regards to tools/materials, I'm assuming spray paint and clear coat, along with some sand paper to prep surface; again, I'm assuming.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean the center face plate of the radio/cd player? For sure you would have to remove the radio head unit. I did this recently, though I didn't remove the face plate. In regards to tools/materials, I'm assuming spray paint and clear coat, along with some sand paper to prep surface; again, I'm assuming.
[/b]

If i could do the Bose system CD thing....i would....

but for now, im just lookin to do the face plate

how do i take that off???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmm.....i'm confused, if not the center face plate (cd/radio/AC controls) then which face plate are you refering to? If you have a pic even better.
[/b]

im talkin about the stuff around the cd player and stuff....like the center (between glove box and steering qheel...just leaving hte bose buttons and stuff black

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
ok let's make this easy on everyone,

which number(s)

(I borrowed the picture from Sammy Chan)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I think blackmagic painted his 3 area, so check his ride out, though I think he got it professionally painted. In regards to 2, can't say I've seen anyone with this area painted, doesn't seem like a good idea to me; for sure not a DIY job. Professionally though, it might look good.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I think blackmagic painted his 3 area, so check his ride out, though I think he got it professionally painted. In regards to 2, can't say I've seen anyone with this area painted, doesn't seem like a good idea to me; for sure not a DIY job. Professionally though, it might look good.
[/b]
i agree for sure not a diy job but its unique if you want to do it, i think it could look cool if you go with a cool color.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts