Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i contacted Scoshoe to see if they were developing a dash kit for the 6 and they said they didn't ahve nything yet but a new car takes a lil bit to develope one for. they haven't gotten their hands on one yet from the dealership, cause the dealership didn't want them to tear it apart. the tech rep will get back with me shortly.

here's the website for the installation kits.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Reading Topic: Dash Kit

Yeah, I heard Scosche was a bit slow on the ball on this one, but I believe Metras has a kit coming out within the next few months. Again, I THINK it was Metras, as I spent 8 hours at the installer's, and half of it was pretty blurry. :) BUT, I could tell you what the hot chick was wearing, what she was driving, and what she got installed, though. lol

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Dash Kit'

i just emailed Automotive Entertainment in reguards to the dash kit for the 6. they were the ones who developed the dash kit for the silver 6 at the LA Auto Show located at this thread. if we have enough peeps email them bout public kits we might be able to have a dash kit within a few month. cause Scoshcoe hasn't gotten a 6 yet to rip apart to test on. so i'm lease asking u guys at the forum to email them and request/demand them to release the kit to the public, or a custom kit.

thank you,
michael

email them at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Originally posted by WhoDiddy

i just emailed Automotive Entertainment in reguards to the dash kit for the 6. they were the ones who developed the dash kit for the silver 6 at the LA Auto Show located at this thread. if we have enough peeps email them bout public kits we might be able to have a dash kit within a few month. cause Scoshcoe hasn't gotten a 6 yet to rip apart to test on. so i'm lease asking u guys at the forum to email them and request/demand them to release the kit to the public, or a custom kit.

thank you,
michael

email them at [email protected][/b]
Yeah.. but that kit looks like you have to move your guages up top where the storage compartment is. Looks like too much work just to change out a stereo if you ask me. However, if one were to want to get a naviagation system and stereo, it would be perfect. Hopefully, we might see 2 versions of that kit.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

a monitor would be better custom fit in the storage compartment on top imo, easier to watch or glance at instead of looking down, not too mention it will be a lot easier and will eliminate excessive custom work

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Originally posted by ChoppaBoy

a monitor would be better custom fit in the storage compartment on top imo, easier to watch or glance at instead of looking down, not too mention it will be a lot easier and will eliminate excessive custom work[/b]
I agree 100%.. It would be nice to be able to get what the Q35 has.. a pop up navigation system when the top compartment is open. This way it would be hidden when the car is parked and possibly reducing break ins which have been popular here.

·
Registered
683 Posts

Man I sure hope they come up with some sort of dash kit/adapter. I have a 12Gb Empeg MP3 player... Ive had it for almost two years, and cant imagine driving without it. Theres something about having 2000+ mp3s at your fingertips thats just cool...

Right now this is the only limiting factor for me not getting a 6 sooner. im going to wait at least a year hoping something comes out by then. Wanna wait for the hatch to come out anyway : )

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Absolut

Yeah.. but that kit looks like you have to move your guages up top where the storage compartment is.  [/b]
Actually, this is something I'd like...Has anyone had the console off to where they could see how difficult this would be? Not all the way up to the storage console, but maybe switch the radio and CC's.

·
Registered
683 Posts

Anyone know if we could mod the storage compartment abouve the radio pod to fit a standard DIN sized radio?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

About the storage compartment - it has been done. I thing it was that guy with a red 6 with those corner markers and stuff...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts