Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 32GB ROM 4GB Ram Head Unit. Initial boot up time is 20~30 secs. After first boot unit goes to sleep when shutting down. Wake from sleep is 1~2 secs. Zero lag even after waking up. The Smart Rover has less issues but is quite a bit slower. The Dasaita is a lot faster but installation can be a bit of a pain and software need improvement.

Issues:

Steering Wheel Buttons: All buttons work except the "Talk" button which does nothing. Seller states that this cannot be changed for Canbus units. I could change this with previous Smart rover unit.

Commander knob: Some buttons works, some don't

Software: Doesn't seem finished. Always seem to think my hood is open when first booting up. Goes away after a second. The left app bar you see cannot be removed. 3G USB stick does not work since there is no "Mobile Network" setting to change apn. No root available yet.

Hardware Issues: Installation uses some metal guide brackets on the side which goes in first. Scratches up the sides warranty sticker going in.
Screen gets a bit washed out in bright sunlight.
The bottom screw bracket is too far back and too long. Had to bend into a "Z" shape to fit. tight fit causing some panel gap. Seller responds that they're sold hundreds of the units and never had fitment complaints even with pictures. :|

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any pictures of this installed. Just want to see how it looks.
And does it work with the Bose Amp?
Here's a picture of it installed, not really a fan of the form factor. Should work with Bose according to seller. But I do not have Bose to test with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm really interested in.
I've some questions if you are able to helps:
- Did you do some test with Torque APP?
- What about the FM, reception is correct?
- Sharing contacts and phone call with another android phone works correctly? (better or not in front of original Mazda system?)
- Does Androidauto works?

I don't know what to think about comparing to the new smartrover 9" Android 7.1.2 8core / 32Go / RAM 2Go.
As I understand from you smart rover design seems to be better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question to everybody who has this unit installed:
Are all features work ootb? I have in mind the following:
1. Factory installed rear view camera
2. Factory installed USB ports and AUX socket
3. Parktronic assistant
4. Car configuration menu

Thank you

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Question to everybody who has this unit installed:
Are all features work ootb? I have in mind the following:
1. Factory installed rear view camera
2. Factory installed USB ports and AUX socket
3. Parktronic assistant
4. Car configuration menu

Thank you

1. Yes
2. No
3. Don't have, can't test
4. Yes

·
Banned
886 Posts
what happens if you want to change auto headlight settings, or door lock setting, or interior light time setting, dimming settings, audio settings, etc?

You can't, which is why I wouldn't go for something like this. lol unless there is an option in the new head unit which I doubt, whatever settings you had before swapping the head units, is what you are stuck with.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what happens if you want to change auto headlight settings, or door lock setting, or interior light time setting, dimming settings, audio settings, etc?

You can't, which is why I wouldn't go for something like this. lol unless there is an option in the new head unit which I doubt, whatever settings you had before swapping the head units, is what you are stuck with.
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does your car have parking sensors? If so, do you get a visual display of them on the screen?

I have a Smart Rover KR-9016 but the thing is soooo slow sometimes.

·
Registered
606 Posts
thanks for the info, was thinking about doing the same thing. there are other makes and models out there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where did u buy this? I checked aliepxress and there is no 10.2" version for Mazda6, only for CX-5
Did you buy the cx5 version and fit it in mazda6?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is the one that I bought with Canbus: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Das...304.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2d714c4duhXF5Q

But my original order had the title: "Dasaita 10.2" Android 8.0 Car GPS Player for Mazda" now changed to "Dasaita 9" Android 8.0 Car GPS Player for Mazda 6 Atenza". Might want to ask seller for actual pictures as you may get the 9" now.

In any case, only buy one the is specific for Mazda 6 or Atenza as the CX-5 ones would not fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, the built-in USB port does not work for playing music. Does the unit have a USB port or an SD slot that can be used to play music?
My main gripe about the factory unit is it takes about 5 minutes to read the USB device on startup and it always starts on the same song.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, the built-in USB port does not work for playing music. Does the unit have a USB port or an SD slot that can be used to play music?
My main gripe about the factory unit is it takes about 5 minutes to read the USB device on startup and it always starts on the same song.

Music can be played from Micro SD or USB.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts