Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think the chances are we will get the Titanium Grey colour here in Canada?
I have been waiting to check the 6 out with that colour. When I get to the dealership can you imagine my disappointment when that's not quite the colour we have gotten here.
I will probably wait for the hatch to come in at the end of the year so maybe I'll get lucky and they will add that great colour.

Any thoughts?

Sue

·
Registered
25 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Dark Grey VS Titanium Grey?'

Hi Sue! Iam in the same boat as you... i am thinking of getting the mazda 6 as well and the titanium grey is the colour being eyed.. I am getting a little nervous because if you check the mazda canada website under veh colours offered, there is only mention of "dark grey" and it doesnt look anything like some of the pics of titanium grey out there on this forum. There is no mention of titanium grey... check out the site and see for yourself... i just hope its the same grey...

:sarc

http://www.mazda.ca/eng/down_the_road/2004...da6/mazda6.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Dark Grey VS Titanium Grey?

Hi Keeroo,

I don't think it is the same colour. I visited a dealership in my area and they had a vehicle in grey. To be fair I went in the evening and it could just have been the sorrounding light but the colour was fairly dark. The pictures I have seen of the Titanium grey seems to be of a lighter hue with a bit of a light blue offset to it.
I will be going to the auto show the week of the 14th so hopefully there will be someone there for me to ask about this issue.

It gets frustrating as the North American market, especially us in Canada, always seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to autos.

S.

·
Registered
205 Posts

The colours for North America and the rest of the world are different.

In Canada, our Dark Grey is darker than the Titanium Grey offered for the other parts of the world. But it's not just grey, the North American blue, red, and even silver are a different shade than the rest of the world.

Also, although they are given different names (e.g. lapis blue versus sonic blue); the colours for the US and Canada are the same.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

North America isn't getting Titanium grey :(.

We're getting Steel Grey which is much darker. IMO Titanium looks the best though.

·
Registered
980 Posts

I have to agree with u guys Titanium grey does look the best however the lapis/sonic blue is also pretty nice. The yellow also looks good but i have a feeling that many people will be buying the car in that colour. Just curious...will the colour yellow increase insurance premiums...i know that red will.
thanx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Dark Grey VS Titanium Grey?'

Originally posted by cats2cars

I will probably wait for the hatch to come in at the end of the year so maybe I'll get lucky and they will add that great colour.

Sue[/b]

The dealer that I spoke to told me the hb won't be in Canada until Spring/Summer 2004.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Is Dark Grey the same hue as Steel Gray? Anyone seen the color codes for these? :D

·
Registered
205 Posts

Although they are named differently, the colours for US and Canada are the same. Marketing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

You know what really sucks about this. I went to the Auto Show today and the Mazdaspeed Protege as well as the RX8 will be offered in Titanium grey.

·
Registered
205 Posts

The Mazdaspeed and RX-8 get the Titanium grey because they're assembled in Japan.

The US assembled cars (Tribute & Mazda6) have different shades & colours than those from Japan (e.g. Glacier Silver on the 6 is a different shade than Sunlight Silver on the Pro). Why can't they make the same shades in the US beats the heck out of me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts