Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
This is my first post here and I am thinking about buying a mazda6 GS (Canadian 4 cylinder). Does anybody have the color Dark Gray? How does it stand up to dirt etc. I currently own a black protege and it always looks dirty. My second color choice is the sonic blue. Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Dark Gray color

Colour on the lighter side will always be better hiding certain (majority) dirt. On that note, both dark gray and blue would show dirt more so then say silver. However, it may be just a bit better than black. How much more, I can't say but it all depends on you. I go with blue though, it would be the best to hide dirt over dark gray.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I have a dark gray 6... when it's clean, it's gorgeous.
It can hide a fair bit of dirt, but once it becomes "dirty" it looks (to me anyway) like a FILTHY black car. There's no real intermediate step there.

I was debating the same two colours but decided on the grey because it stands out a lot less... blue is so nice it's bordering on traffic stopping.
I don't want that kind of attention (5 years ago I would have killed for it).

·
Registered
230 Posts

I have a dark grey 6 as well (sam, another dark grey 6 in Calgary - still haven't seen you ;) What part of the city are you in? ) and I find that it hides the dirt quite well, at least from a distance. I still try to wash it at least once a week. I wanted the blue too, but my dealership couldn't get one right away, so I was happy to take the grey and get it right away.

·
Registered
298 Posts

I have a gray 6...nothing compares to it when it's been just washed...sorry but no color in my mind comes close to it..

Elmer

·
Registered
27 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Dark Gray color'

Originally posted by The Chemist

I have a dark grey 6 as well (sam, another dark grey 6 in Calgary - still haven't seen you ;) What part of the city are you in? )[/b]

Luke,
I live in a condo on 5th Ave so much of the time my car is living underground, parked outside my office in the SE (Deerfoot/Glenmore area) or in between the two :D

I've actually seen another dark grey 6 in town... on Memorial Dr. I think, just across the river from downtown.. GFX, sunroof... didn't notice if it was a 4 or a 6.
It was about a month ago (before I had my car)
That you?

·
Registered
230 Posts

It quite possibly was me. A month ago I was writing final exams up at the University, and I would have been on Memorial Drive at least a couple of times in that time period. I have the GFX and sunroof, so your description sounds right.
It looks like I work pretty near to where you do. My workplace is very close to the Deerfoot/Glenmore interchange, a couple of blocks north of the old Costco South building on 11th Street SE. I haven't seen your car around, but I did see a blue 6 with GFX parked at one of the buildings in the area last week.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

I also have a dark grey 6s... amazing when it's clean, and it isn't THAT bad at hiding dirt... certainly no where near as bad as a black car.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Steel Gray here as well. I love the way it looks right after washing. I fall in love with it all over again. I don't feel it gets dirty very quickly. When it is dirty you can only see it up close anyway. At any rate, I have a lot of fun washing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts