Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so, nuts and seeds like to fall from the tree in front of my house. The problem is, when they hit my car, they crack open, and a milky substance comes out, leaving brown stains all over my car. This happens all the time, and we use Rubbing Compound to get rid of it.

I was just wondering if there was any easier way to do this, cuz it gets really tiring rubbing all that compound ALL over the damn car.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Umm... don't park under the tree :) Hehe jk

Do you have a good coat of wax under there? I would think that would make it a lot easier to get off?

Whenever I go to my parents house their trees do the same thing!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
ya get a good fresh coat of wax on there and it will come of pretty easy

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm curious, even with a fresh coat of wax, how do most of you guys clean small portions of your car? Or do you just wash the entire thing?

For instance if you get one of these nut busts on your car, or if you get just a spot of bird poop... any recommended quick remedy for cleaning small spots?

I find water + terry cloth doesn't always seem to do the trick :-/

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Ok, so, nuts and seeds like to fall from the tree in front of my house. The problem is, when they hit my car, they crack open, and a milky substance comes out, leaving brown stains all over my car. This happens all the time, and we use Rubbing Compound to get rid of it.

I was just wondering if there was any easier way to do this, cuz it gets really tiring rubbing all that compound ALL over the damn car.
[/b]
The marks in the pics looks like tree sap. If that is the case, there is something that you can put on the the car, I just forget at the moment what it is. The wife has to ask her co-worker again.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
get a quick detailer from megs

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm sure it's been talked about before but I've put Xzylon on my last three cars and nothing has stained it. Shop around and you can find a bottle of it cheap. Go to a dealer and they'll charge you $500. My neighbor is a distributor and I've watched them treat a new car with this stuff then spray paint the car. After they let it dry they effortlessly wipe it off. Seems pretty amazing to me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Magnum, how much would it cost to get it from your neighbor?
[/b]
He's pretty particular about the agreement he has with Xzylon and its distribution. I'll pick his brain tomorrow and see what he says. I don't want to break any forum rules though.....

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Execute the tree :yesnod:
[/b]

That's exactly what I did at my house. I took down the 17 year old, 45' high maple tree with a HUGE smile.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd actually LOVE to do get rid of the tree, but it belongs to the city. The only way we can LEGALLY get rid of the tree is if the city OK's it. They would only OK it if the tree was sick and/or dying. I'm not sure, but if I tried to MAKE it sick and/or kill it, NYC would probably find out, and we'd be in a shitload of trouble.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Hammer a copper nail into it, give it a few months.

Or do what my neighbour did, pray everyday that some drunken idiot hits it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Go to walmart they sell a bug, tar, and tree sap remover. it should work, takes tar off like a champ. its in a black bottle and its made by turtle wax. GL

lol on taking down the tree, mine finally fell down, it landed on the cellica.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had kind of the same problem except it was tree sap. There was sap everywhere: paint and windows. Like a dumb ass I let it bake in the hot northern cali sun for about 2 weeks or more and then finally did something about. I searched this site and I forgot who said it but they said to try just regular old rubbing alcohol. I was scared to death of ruining the paint but sure enough it worked and it did a great job. I did have to rewax the car but that is no big deal. Now my 6 is glacier silver which is quite forgiving. So like they all say try it on an inconspicuous spot first to see if it is going to screw your paint.

·
Registered
216 Posts
beat a few drops of goo-gone :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts