Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today I was at Occupational therapy and all was well... I come out go home.. get outta the car go get the dog for a walk and come back out. that is when I see it a damn dent on my drivers side door.. Right toward the top. :irate: :irate: :irate: .. I am angry as hell cuz I parked away from others and some a**&hole dinged my baby!!!!! I hate people!!!!!

Sorry had to vent

Michelle

·
Registered
114 Posts
I really feel ya ,just had to trade some work to our detail guy to fix the scraches all down the side of the drivers rear door from A GOD DAMN SHOPPING CART.....

·
Registered
403 Posts
That sux big time. Somehow that first ding is always like a shattered dream, ain't it?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Well, time to mod now :)

I feel for ya, how about me finding a nice dimple on the drivers side top fender right by the trunk lid. Can't prove it was there when I picked up the car, but needless to say the local Mazda dealer detailed my car due to the 'looks' of the prep work and said whomever prepped my car must have been Stevie Wonder.

Jason

·
Registered
30 Posts
Man that sucks.

The good news is, you can get it fixed for around $100, and you will nver know it happened. I had one of the worst "door dings" ever seen, and my local scratch and dent guy was able to fix it perfectly.

Go to your local dealer and find out who their scratch and dent guy is. Chances are, he comes highly recommended.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
T

·
0 Posts
I feel for you too. It always seems regardless where you part some unintelligent individual wants to park his 76 nova right next to your car. But good news for me, last night we got 3 inch diameter hail and totally missed my car. not a ding on her, bad news for girlfriends truck parked next to the speed. Got his 12 times and huge dents all over the roof and hood. See there is a good omen for Mazda. Just another reason I love my Speed.

:D

·
Registered
792 Posts
I feel for you too. It always seems regardless where you part some unintelligent individual wants to park his 76 nova right next to your car. But good news for me, last night we got 3 inch diameter hail and totally missed my car. not a ding on her, bad news for girlfriends truck parked next to the speed. Got his 12 times and huge dents all over the roof and hood. See there is a good omen for Mazda. Just another reason I love my Speed.

:D
[/b]
Haha, I am just picturing your story as a commercial. I see a Speed driving down a deserted road while outrunning a hail storm. Then a slogan saying something like "Just knowing that you can." :laugh:

T

·
0 Posts
I knew it was fast even standing still. Now to go and remove that halo over the top of the car. LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
so today I was at Occupational therapy and all was well... I come out go home.. get outta the car go get the dog for a walk and come back out. that is when I see it a damn dent on my drivers side door.. Right toward the top. :irate: :irate: :irate: .. I am angry as hell cuz I parked away from others and some a**&hole dinged my baby!!!!! I hate people!!!!!

Sorry had to vent

Michelle
[/b]
I had good luck with an outfit called "Dent Wizard". They came to the dealer's and repaired three dents from my 6s. They did a great job. Total cost was $120. Good luck :thumbup: .

·
Registered
14 Posts
strange how people's minds work...if i drive my beat up subaru i can park anywhere and when i get back every spot around it is clear...if i drive the wifes audi and park it in the middle of nowhere it seems to have a crowd of cars by it and dings as well...i pick up my speed6 in 2 weeks...i hope my luck holds out on it for at least a little while..sorry to hear about the dings

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was on the freeway and some truck's tire blew out and the whole rubber flew off and hit my front side....i have a big paint smear now :(

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
strange how people's minds work...if i drive my beat up subaru i can park anywhere and when i get back every spot around it is clear...if i drive the wifes audi and park it in the middle of nowhere it seems to have a crowd of cars by it and dings as well...i pick up my speed6 in 2 weeks...i hope my luck holds out on it for at least a little while..sorry to hear about the dings
[/b]
I think a lot of people (including myself) have the mentality of, "That looks like a nice car, I'll park next to it because they won't ding me." Where as the beater Subaru gives the look of, "Hmm.... They don't care about their care, they definately won't care if I get a ding or not." Not saying you don't care about your Subaru, but it's just what people perceive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think a lot of people (including myself) have the mentality of, "That looks like a nice car, I'll park next to it because they won't ding me." Where as the beater Subaru gives the look of, "Hmm.... They don't care about their care, they definately won't care if I get a ding or not." Not saying you don't care about your Subaru, but it's just what people perceive.
[/b]

true enough..my thought train tells me to leave a few spaces open between us...the part i think is odd is when i park 4 miles out and i end up with beaters parked next to me :swearin: lol but thats the way it goes i guess

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
22 Participants
smokeU6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing