Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my dad bottomed out my 2007 Mazda 6 V6 3.0L pushing the front header towards the engine leaving an exhaust leak when I first start up my engine. I brought it into the dealership for an inspection and they said I needed a complete new exhaust system (Header to Split Tail Exhaust)

Here are the Damage Pictures, this shows the exhaust leak: IMG_0113.jpg
IMG_0109.jpg
IMG_0110.jpg
I spent some time looking at Ebay and other websites and can only find this Header:
Click

My exhaust system looks nothing like this. From the front header it comes straight down with a 90 degree angle straight to the back connecting with the rear header. My system is a single cylinder pipe until it splits at the tail. All of the V6 Headers I have found so far have that unique curve leading two a double cylinder connector. I am not very car savvy so this is the best way I could explain it. I am interested in upgrading my system to High-Performance if that is possible. I greatly appreciate any help I can get on what kind of exhaust system I have and where I can purchase a new one.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
go with nautilus performance headers.. i got mine and love them! i have a 2006. dont go with ebay headers, they are a disaster!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Frankly, unless you're looking to do an expensive exhaust upgrade, I'd take it to an exhaust shop and see if they'd be willing to heat it up and fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts