Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo heres the story

thursday night i went out with str8 goods and my other buddies we went to york uni.

(the weather was shit)

so on our way home this was around 12ish i was on the DVP going onto 401 east...as im going on the ramp slowly my car starts to slide side ways as if the car is drifting....i tried to gain control but my fron bumper/tires started to touch the curb and i tried to avoid that but then it was soo narrow my car spun out while i am on the ramp and the rear of my 6 slams onto the guard rail....

now the damage is....the rear bumper is totaly smashed and messed my trunk is ok i guess just corner dents ummm need a new right fender, all the damage is moslty on the right side...hence the spun out and my head lights were facing the on coming cars as if i was going up the ramp, sooo the damage ummm also my right muffler is bent towards the left, my front is fine i doubled checked.

Anyways i know this thread is pointless with out pictures and i will post pictures as soon as i get batteries for my cam...but my point about this thread is...well first Becareful when your out on the road in a nasty weather you cannot beat mother nature...oh and to make things clear i was going like 40 kms not even fast not even putting gas while on the ramp.

ok so we got a quote from one of my machanic that it will cost around $1,200-$1,500...so i was wondering...do you guys think it will be cheaper if i buy a body kit?....like one of those accoalade ones (sp)
dont worry about paint cost i got a guy who can paint for cheap. so yeah do you think it would be cheaper to get a body kit front side and rear plus a new fender?...also need new tail lights shit i forgot...

so yeah you got most of the information its like almost 3:30 am so sorry if i didnt make any sence be sure to ask questions about anything...but also give me some advice what would you do? just get the OEM parts or aftermarket?.....thank you all for reading...take care

-jon-

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
hmmmm winter rims, and u still skid... sorry if i get this wrong.... i m wrong and i m drunk.... and i not in the mood with my gf.... but for my case, i would get an aftermarket.......

but then again, aftermarket would require u to "fit" and paint those things, and moreover, after the accident, u wouldnt know what's broken...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
things going bad for you too huh...man its life i guess

...and yeah i got winters on but i still dont get it! how my car slowly start to lose control???? traction control was on too....ahhh the paint isnt a big deal...but for after market i was also worried if it wouldnt fit nice...has anyone ever had akit that perfectly fit?...for the mazda6

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
A body kit won't be cheaper because its about $1000 USD on it own.....HOWERVER you are getting more for the same price.

If it was me....I'd go for it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
jon man dont worry u still got my ride and shanna's to come chill out.........count ur blessings tho cause it could have been alot worse, it was so trippy taking that turn and all of a sudden seein ur lights facing manish's ride....i thought u weere playin a trick or sumthin......

faak what makes it worse is that we were both debating on reaching out or not.....we should have just listened to ur dad...these things always come unexpected, like the time i was stoped at a light and got rear ended.......or when that fuker hit me while i was parked at work.....now my dad doesnt want me taking the car out after hearing about wha happen.

anyways feel better bro... i thought, from what i saw, the repairs would be at least in the 3000 mark.... but 1500 is pretty good

GET the body-kit, get some good out of this accident ask blue6 about the accolade kit he's dealt with them with his ride....make damn sure it'll fit perfectly cause you cant trust any of these body shops these days..

for the rest of the members....dont mess with mother nature, even a guss off wind can throw you off.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
This is a message to everyone in case you have never had to handle a vechicle that is out of control.

When in doubt go all out.

When in a spin go all in.

I have learned this saying from my track events and I'll explain them further. If you are not sure what to do when the car is going out of control understeer or oversteer whichever the case, continue to steer but take both feet off of the pedals. This will allow maximum grip to the front wheels and you should he able to recover rather quickly.

If you are already in a spin, push the clutch and the brake pedal down as hard as possible. Keep the steering wheel in your hand and try to turn in the opposite direction of the spin. Do not try and recover the car until you are at a complete stop. You wouldn't want to put yourself back into a spin you just recovered from.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
i was up early this morning for a hospital appt and coming back home around 7:30ish i was in the minivan and lost it on the off ramp...was going slow as balls too...

everyone be VERY careful driving... slow and steady wins the race

Diablo_6, sorry to hear that man, its crappy news... but as straightgoodz says, count your blessings, could have been much worse

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Yep... we've just come out of a spell of bad weather out here in BC. Some advice:

If you've got winter tires on its easy to start feeling invincible. Winter tires are great for most icey/snowy conditions, but if you hit a patch of pure ice or black ice, then winter tires are just as crappy as anything else.

So, even if you've got winter tires, take it nice and slow. Slow down before bends and look ahead for potential hazards.

·
Registered
145 Posts
weather is getting nasty these days...
Sorry to hear about the accident Jon.. it really is frustrating when these things happen....
everyone really got to be really careful, not just for urself but for everyone else on the road as well. Hopefully others will be too cos I'm mostly worried about others hitting me... :(

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I know it sucks but it's important to learn how to feel the road condition and act accordingly. I have sway bar and I do experience more oversteering sometimes espeacially when the road is wet. There shouldn't be much worry when driving a FWD car, so don't be afraid to apply the brake while sliding.

Drive carefully everyone and please beware of some others on the road. Observation FTW!

diablo_6, isn't new fender + bodykit = widebody??? LOL

Just an idea, I always want to do it but I don't have a reason. However, you do!

·
Registered
635 Posts
the weather was so bad here yesterday that I decided not to drive to school ... First day of heavy snow is when most accidents occur, because people are still driving in their "summer" mode or they dont have proper tires on ...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone

so im guessing the most of you would choose the kit?...yeah ill look into it..i was just so lucky the cops didnt come or i didnt hit no one as soon as i spun out and stoped right against the guard rail atleast 5 cars drove by i was like phew they proberly stoped at the beginning of the ramp cause they saw my spinning out.

Sorry to hear about that. I know it sucks but it's important to learn how to feel the road condition and act accordingly. I have sway bar and I do experience more oversteering sometimes espeacially when the road is wet. There shouldn't be much worry when driving a FWD car, so don't be afraid to apply the brake while sliding.

Drive carefully everyone and please beware of some others on the road. Observation FTW!

diablo_6, isn't new fender + bodykit = widebody??? LOL

Just an idea, I always want to do it but I don't have a reason. However, you do!
[/b]

lol wide body kit the 6 to me look wide enough when its lowered and my rims sticking out abit dont want anything tooo fancy

the weather was so bad here yesterday that I decided not to drive to school ... First day of heavy snow is when most accidents occur, because people are still driving in their "summer" mode or they dont have proper tires on ...
[/b]
and yeah thats true

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
yea first snow sucks...

look at this as an eye opener...better to have a little fender bender now to "scare" you into driving more carefully than a full out collision later in the season...

sometimes a little scare like this is just what you need to take it easy... i know after almost ditching the van this morning i'll be driving a lot more carefully

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks for the heads up and the info…

Sorry to hear about the incident; at least you were fine and I think that’s more important.

Go for aftermarket body kit; it’ll make your car more unique. I’ll see you around if you’re going to the meet tonight.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wow man, sorry to hear about that. That's gotta be a really shitty experience. Thankfully, you're allright, and it wasn't any worse than what it is.

Damn, this really makes me paranoid now. After all my questions about winter tires, some things came up, and I'm now unable to afford them. This winder I'm gonna drive old granny style.

I'd go for the aftermarket body kit :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
yea first snow sucks...

look at this as an eye opener...better to have a little fender bender now to "scare" you into driving more carefully than a full out collision later in the season...

sometimes a little scare like this is just what you need to take it easy... i know after almost ditching the van this morning i'll be driving a lot more carefully
[/b]
yeah very true ... my friend spun out doing 100 kmph on black ice ... he says he "almost" pissed in his pants .. but was very lucky not to have hit anything ... you never know when u are gonna hit that patch of ice and off you go ...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the heads up and the info…

Sorry to hear about the incident; at least you were fine and I think that’s more important.

Go for aftermarket body kit; it’ll make your car more unique. I’ll see you around if you’re going to the meet tonight.
[/b]
I came to the meet with str8 goodz but very late...we'll explain why in the meet thread.

Wow man, sorry to hear about that. That's gotta be a really shitty experience. Thankfully, you're allright, and it wasn't any worse than what it is.

Damn, this really makes me paranoid now. After all my questions about winter tires, some things came up, and I'm now unable to afford them. This winder I'm gonna drive old granny style.

I'd go for the aftermarket body kit :)
[/b]

yeah honestly i think i should have bought all seasons...just cause of the rain and other col weather conditions...well in the end no matter what weather is weather...so drive safe guys and it will well be worth driving all granny style no doubt look stupid and drive safe or drive crazy then look stupid once crash..you decide...

·
Registered
412 Posts
so drive safe guys and it will well be worth driving all granny style no doubt look stupid and drive safe or drive crazy then look stupid once crash..you decide...
[/b]
good advice..

sorry to hear about the 6.. glad ur ok. If you got some extra money lying around, or were planning on getting a kit anyways, go for it, but if u are strapped, stick with OEM.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
good advice..

sorry to hear about the 6.. glad ur ok. If you got some extra money lying around, or were planning on getting a kit anyways, go for it, but if u are strapped, stick with OEM.
[/b]

im hoping there will be a group buy for a kit soon so i can be in it...if not then i don't know

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Accolade group buy

Looks like tmot is trying to get the front and sides
you might be able to work something out to buy all 4 pieces with him and have it shipped to Ontario

1 - 20 of 20 Posts