Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to introduce myself, I got my black speed 6 back in june and have been lurking for awhile wating for a tuning solution before i started modding. I am 24 years old, a master mercedes benz technician and now work at a tuner in dallas building subies, evo's and other turbo cars. I hope to get to know you all and share my future builds and any info i come across. My real passion is motorcycles, currently ride an 05' R1. well anyway hello everyone. :drive:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Hello and welcome to the club.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just wanted to introduce myself, I got my black speed 6 back in june and have been lurking for awhile wating for a tuning solution before i started modding. I am 24 years old, a master mercedes benz technician and now work at a tuner in dallas building subies, evo's and other turbo cars. I hope to get to know you all and share my future builds and any info i come across. My real passion is motorcycles, currently ride an 05' R1. well anyway hello everyone. :drive:
[/b]

Welcome R1nut, Quick question since you work on turbo evo's. I was going to get one instead of my M6s but my friend steered me away saying the engine is overly stressed. The turbo is pumping way too many lbs for the heads. Is that true? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome R1nut, Quick question since you work on turbo evo's. I was going to get one instead of my M6s but my friend steered me away saying the engine is overly stressed. The turbo is pumping way too many lbs for the heads. Is that true? Thanks
[/b]

That isnt true at all. we do turbo swaps on stock heads and blocks without worry. If you get really crazy its a good idea to get forged internals and head studs but we recently built an mr with a 50 trim on stock head & block. it made almost 500 whp. the stock turbo is pretty much maxxed out, depending on year it puts out 19-23 lbs in stock form. 26 is about all you are gonna get out of a stock turbo. the 50 trim car was making 32 lbs boost on a relatively safe map with meth injection. if you are gonna build a car i would go with the evo over the speed 6 at this point in time.

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome! it's always good to have members who work on cars for a living...i'm sure your expertise will be appreciated by many of us. since you have a speed, most of what you'll be looking into won't effect my car, but still, good to have you here. so, since you work on some pretty amazing cars to give some added perspective, what's your feeling on the speed so far?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome! it's always good to have members who work on cars for a living...i'm sure your expertise will be appreciated by many of us. since you have a speed, most of what you'll be looking into won't effect my car, but still, good to have you here. so, since you work on some pretty amazing cars to give some added perspective, what's your feeling on the speed so far?
[/b]
I really like it, it lacks the ferocity of an evo or sti but still surprises alot of cars. I like the subtle looks, alot of my co workers who are car guys didnt even realize that it was a speed until they rode in it. It feels kinda nutered since the recall engine flash but it is still a fun and unique car. I was comparing it more to a B6 audi S4 than any other vehicle. the audi was nicer but i couldnt justify the 15k price jump for recaros and a v8. I am just patiently waiting for the tuning solution to become available before i dig into it. I am looking forward to meeting the cpe guys at sema in two weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts