Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yea, I'm not gonna hold my breath for something that'll be hilariously over priced. I'll prob source a stock one from a CX-9.
yeah they do that. It's mostly quality parts though. I'd double check the bolt pattern on the CX-9 before buying. I think my buddy spent 1-2k on his custom mani.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
yeah they do that. It's mostly quality parts though. I'd double check the bolt pattern on the CX-9 before buying. I think my buddy spent 1-2k on his custom mani.
Yea i plan on getting two gaskets to match up first. My dad used to work at the local parts store, so i can prob get them to pull them in for me to look at.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Nice!! And was that some eyelids and a couple of angel eyes that I see on the 1st gen? That's a nice little bunch of Mazdas!

Reactions: Cyborg JSK

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I wanted to post an update since I haven't in a while. The 6 is still running strong, there's 10k miles on the setup already. I hadn't had any major issues with the car up until I took it to the dealership(Scott Mazda of PA) to diagnose a weird limp mode. Long story short, the mazda "master" technician that was supposed to be diagnosing my 6 decided it would be a good idea to beat the shit out of it in limp mode for 8 miles and do WOT pulls. The trans was toast when I picked it up, 4th and 5th were slipping and I had no slippage or issues before that. They refused to take responsibility and I ended up having to pay for another transmission. Luckily I have an amazing friend that helped me install the transmission and saved a shit load of money.

The silver lining to the whole situation was that it helped diagnose the problem and I found that a CX-7 AWD 6 speed transmission will fit perfect in the 6 with a few modifications. So that's pretty exciting news. I'll be able to put a lot more power through that trans than the current 5 speed that's in it. It also opens the door for the 3.7 owners to make their 6 AWD as it's basically the same transmission with a 4 cylinder bell housing and a T-case. The CX-9 shares the same transmission but with the V6 bell housing and a T-case so it would basically be a direct fit to the 3.7 6, the trouble would be to get the rest of the AWD system to fit in(driveshaft back). I'll likely be doing the swap in the near future as I already have the CX-7s trans on hand. I'll post updates whenever I can on here.

We have a growing group of 2nd gen 6s(US/ultra models only) on facebook called 2nd gen mazda 6 fuckery for any 2nd gens owners that need ideas for modding or anything 2nd gen.

PSX_20200719_184741.jpg
PSX_20200704_114730.jpg
PSX_20200614_142214.jpg
PSX_20200605_013825.jpg
PSX_20200508_163434.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,462 Posts
Glad to see you're still around!!

Sorry to hear about the nonsense with the stealerhsip, but glad things worked out eventually.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Glad to see you're still around!!

Sorry to hear about the nonsense with the stealerhsip, but glad things worked out eventually.
I've been pretty occupied lately. I'm not going anywhere though lol. I'll drive the 6 until I can't anymore

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

41 - 50 of 50 Posts