Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
So things this year haven't gone to plan (specifically the turbo stuff) due to my current tuner. Gonna end up going with someone else. It has been nothing but a horrible experience. I'll make a separate post on that horror story.

Onto other news... doing a rehaul on my suspension setup. The CXRacing coilovers I had lasted about 50k miles, I would recommend these if you want low and are on a budget. The new setup is fortune auto. Also have camber arms for the rear. I will post an update on how all that goes.

If you're reading this, I appreciate ya!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Got the coils, they're in and they handle great. Camber arms are also installed. Have a speed6 lined up to buy in the spring. Big stuff coming soon! A squirrel chewed an important ground wire and my HID wires (that was fun to fix). The other pics are from h2oi.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Put speed6 brakes on the past few days. The pads are hawk PC and the rotors are stoptech slotted. Big improvement in braking power.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Did a few things this winter. Almost finished the 93 Octane tune (it pulls so much harder now). Changed the spark plugs for the first time at 120k miles, ran a lot smoother than before. Put some stainless brake lines in. Rerouted the low and high beam HID harnesses to make room for charge piping, also removed a plastic airbox that's attached to the air snorkle for more room.
If you're still reading this the turbo should be installed sometime in June. Only need a catted downpipe, scream pipe, and 3 inch exhaust piping. All the problems I had with tuning are fixed (almost 2 years later). I will be posting the turbo build to youtube under the name project2ndgenspeed6. I also picked up a speed6. I'm so excited that this is finally happening.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
E-boost 2, 550cc injectors, fusion flapless intake manifold, 3 bar map sensor, exhaust manifold and turbo all installed. YouTube content on the way relatively soon. Been a long time coming. ]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Holy cow I had wondered where you had gone. Welcome back and nicely done!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Where did you get this? Its for the 2.5l Skyactive?
No it's a racing manifold for a speed3. I actually bought it from a friend who turboed his skyactiv 3. He ended up having a custom turbo manifold made since this didn't fit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Mzr? Direct fit to what engines? I've not paid attention to anything not V6 related till last year.
The Mzr/duratec series engine, not skyactiv. 2.3, 2.3 disi, 2.5 and even the 2.0 (I think) exhaust manifolds are all the same porting/bolt pattern.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
12 Participants
TalonTsi90
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing