Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Search #project2ndgenspeed6 on instagram!

It's been a long time since I've wanted to make my build thread so here it is. First off I'd like to thank everyone on this site for all the great ideas for mods, I got most of them from searching through years of posts. Anyways here's a list of the things I've done so far from first done to last.

Current mods:
-Blue footwell and underseat lights
*Wired from glovebox light (so if exterior lights are on they get power) to a switch in the center console glovebox, then to the footwells.
-Blacked-out Rear Mazda badges
-Front tower bar painted blue with a black stripe
-Corksport blue SRI
-H&R sport lowering springs (for winter)
-Borla muffler/ dual exhaust tips, resonator delete
-Konig 18x8 illusion blue wheels
-WeatherTech floor mats
-Ceramic tinted windows
-Morimoto switchback turn signals
-Full LED conversion
-CXRacing Coilovers (lasted 3 years of abuse)
-CF Wrapped front emblem
-Blacked out headlight housings with morimoto switchback halos and black series projector glass
-CXRacing Intercooler installed for future turbo
-Throttle body ground
-Custom heat shield for intake
-55w 3500k Gold foglights
-Morimoto 6500k XB55 HID kits for low and high beams
-93 octane tune
-AWR rear motor mount
-SPC rear camber arms
-Fortune auto coilovers
-Mazdaspeed6 brakes/SS brake lines

Future mods:
-GT LED taillights
-Mazdaspeed6 AWD system (with upgrades as needed)
-Mirrors w/ turn signal
-Hood vents
-Mazdaspeed3 Corksport steering wheel retrofit
-Full CF aero (canards, GT style wang, functional front lip, diffusers)
-Transmission cooler
-Racing seats and partial interior strip for weight reduction
-Complete retrofitting of new headlight assemblies
-Hood struts
-Repaint
-Turbo(in the works)

Turbo build acquired list:
Garrett GT3071R
(MSM)Turbo manifold
(CXR)Charge piping
(TIAL)BOV
(TIAL)Wastegate
(CXR)Intercooler
(RA)Gaskets
(RA)Oil/water lines
(Drtuned)Tune
(CS)3.5bar MAP sensor
(TS)e-boost2 boost controller
(CS)Oil catch can
(Radium)PCV plate
(CS)Turbo intake

I'm open to any suggestions on stuff to do and feedback. Thanks.

Updated on 4/6/19 to show most recent mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Front lip, switchback LEDs, and another exhaust tip (to make it 2 instead of just 1) on the way. Will post pictures when installed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So I installed my coils today, they're super low. I also got the front end fixed after almost 3 years. It's finally coming together. I'll post newer pictures soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Where did you get that front lip? Can't wait to see more shots with it slammed!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Where did you get that front lip? Can't wait to see more shots with it slammed!
It's a lip for a gen coupe, I got it off of eBay from excess motors.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick update on my 6. Finally got the second exhaust tip put on, and deleted the resonator.
Painted my turbo manifold as well (I'm gonna put titanium wrap on it eventually). Next I will be buying all the gaskets and oil/coolant lines.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looking good man. How's the progress on the boost? Its exciting to see people pushing the limits on this platform cuz all I see is people talking about how impossible a turbo six is.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking good man. How's the progress on the boost? Its exciting to see people pushing the limits on this platform cuz all I see is people talking about how impossible a turbo six is.
Thanks! It's coming along slowly be surely. It's just about getting enough money to do it. Over the holiday's I got all the charge piping with bov and intercooler. Installed the intercooler and its a perfect fit. Too lazy to take it back out so its staying in lol. I know a guy personally that has turboed his skyactive 3, so I know for a fact that it is possible for the 6 (a lot easier actually). I plan on having it complete by the end of this summer (in august is when all the heavy work will be done). I will be getting a 91 octane tune to prep for the turbo in the next 3 months. That's about it for now. I'm not on here a whole lot anymore, you can find me pretty easily on Instagram if you search up #mazda6 .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Updated OP to show current mods. Got myself a 2003 Mazda 6 GT 3.0 V6 and did the fusion swap because of a bad knock. I also met with 4 other 2nd gen 6 owners at H20i, lots of awesome mods on them. Getting a 91 Octane tune as of now. Big things coming soon with the boosties! Also, if you want to see more 2nd gen 6s go to instagram and search #mazda6 . There are a lot of us on insta.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I just want to say your car is the most amazing Gen 2 Mazda 6 I have ever seen. I am building a 2012 for my gf I'm wanting to start with aesthetic mods and basic airflow then move to more performance items. I have some questions on where you got some of the things you have and just general questions. I have added them next to the items on your list. Thanks for your help!
Current mods:
-Blue footwell and underseat lights These look super clean!
*Wired from glovebox light (so if exterior lights are on they get power) to a switch in the center console glovebox, then to the footwells.
-Ceramic brake pads
-Blue painted brake calipers
-Blacked-out Rear Mazda badges
-Front tower bar painted blue with a black stripe What brand is this? It has CX Racing on it but I can't find the product on their site. If it is CXR do you have a part number by chance?
-Corksport blue SRI
-H&R sport lowering springs (for winter)
-Borla muffler/ dual exhaust tips, resonator delete
-Konig 18x8 illusion blue wheels
-WeatherTech floor mats
-Ceramic tinted side and rear windows What do you mean by Ceramic tint?
-Morimoto switchback turn signals
-Full LED conversion In this do you mean the LED tail lights, and what else? modified parts in the headlights?
-Retrofitted front lip from gen coupe (looking at a replacement) Is this a Hyundai Genesis? What year?
-CXRacing Coilovers
-CF Wrapped front emblem
-Blacked out headlight housings with morimoto switchback halos and black series projector glass On this from what I can see you left the high beam bowl chromed so it functions properly, what do you mean by black series projector glass? is this a replacement lense from TRS?
-CXRacing Intercooler installed for future turbo
-Throttle body ground
-Custom heat shield for intake
-55w 3500k Gold foglights
-Morimoto 6500k XB55 HID kits for low and high beams
-91 octane tune (in progress) What are you using to tune?

Future mods:
-Black vinyl on roof
-GT LED taillights
-Mazdaspeed6 full brakes What does it take to put these on?
-Mazdaspeed6 AWD system (with upgrades as needed) I'm curious to see how you are planning to do this. What are you going to have to swap to make it work?
-Mirrors w/ turn signal Where do you get these?
-Hood vent
-Mazdaspeed3 Corksport steering wheel retrofit
-Full CF aero (canards, GT style wang, functional front lip, diffusers)
-Transmission cooler
-Racing seats and partial interior strip for weight reduction
-Complete retrofitting of new headlight assemblies What are you planning to do? replacing the low beam projector and adding a projector for the high beam?
-Hood struts
-Repaint
-Turbo(in the works)
I'm excited to see the finished boosted car!
Turbo build acquired list:
(CXR)Turbo manifold
(CXR)Charge piping
(CXR)BOV
(CXR)Intercooler
(RA)Gaskets
(RA)Oil/water lines
(CS)Boost controller
(DTN)Tune
(CS)3.5bar MAP sensor
(CS)Turbo intake
I'm confused as to what engine you put in. What is the fusion mod you are talking about? Are you running the V6 from the Gen 2 6? or are you running a ford fusion engine? I am excited to see your responses. I'm excited to build this car I love the body lines!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
So I just want to say your car is the most amazing Gen 2 Mazda 6 I have ever seen. I am building a 2012 for my gf I'm wanting to start with aesthetic mods and basic airflow then move to more performance items. I have some questions on where you got some of the things you have and just general questions. I have added them next to the items on your list. Thanks for your help!

I'm confused as to what engine you put in. What is the fusion mod you are talking about? Are you running the V6 from the Gen 2 6? or are you running a ford fusion engine? I am excited to see your responses. I'm excited to build this car I love the body lines!
Thanks man, I've put a lot of time and money into it. Just made the biggest purchase for Christmas so boost is soon.I'll answer your questions from top to bottom.

The aluminum tower bar is for a 1st gen 6 I bought on ebay.

Ceramic tint is the material that the tint is made of. Another kind of tint is metallic.

Every bulb in the car is an LED besides the low/high beams, fogs and brake lights. Getting the OEM LED tails.

Yes a 2010 genesis.

Yup it's a replacement lense.

Mazdaedit.

The front brakes are a direct swap and I believe you need a bracket for the rears.

I have a speed 6 lined up that I am gonna cannibalize from. The swap is gonna be a ton of work. The parts from the speed 6 trans/awd should bolt up somewhat but there will be lots of adjusting and modifying to stuff underneath(fuel tank, exhaust).

For OEM parts you can buy them online but you need to find the correct part number cause there is several variations of mirrors.

I want to put a hid projector in for the highbeams.

My 2nd gen 6 has the 2.5 I4. I just replaced the V6 engine on the 1st gen I have.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
12 Participants
TalonTsi90
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing