Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:welcome9: i hate cross-threads, but i'm looking for a part and the other board sponser hasn't responded.

i'm looking for the plunger that slows the opening glove box on the CX7. the part that broke is where the plunger hooks the peg on the glove box. i don't know whether it's possible to replace just the plunger arm, or the whole assembly. also, an exploding diagram of the plunger assembly to help me figure out how to replace it would be nice. thanks, mark

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just curious, how did it break in the first place? is it something that happens often with CX-7's. The reason I ask is I am planning to get the CX-9 and wonder if that is something I should take note of.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll take a picture of the broken part once it's out of the car. you know on the 6 glove box where there's a nylon cord attached to a pulley to slow the glove box when opened? well, on the CX7 there's a plunger. the plastic is really thin where it connects to the glove box, and i broke it while removing the glove box.

ok, ended up ordering one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'll take a picture of the broken part once it's out of the car. you know on the 6 glove box where there's a nylon cord attached to a pulley to slow the glove box when opened? well, on the CX7 there's a plunger. the plastic is really thin where it connects to the glove box, and i broke it while removing the glove box.

ok, ended up ordering one.[/b]
So, did you get what you needed? I've been trying to keep up with this post, but I was out the last 2 days, and My thread has been quiet to begin here.

I found what you need, though. It's only $8.

I'll get back sooner next time.

Peace,
Justin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts