Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I saw the commercial for this car at the Movies. Feels good to see your car advertised on the BIG screen. :)

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Intresting, its going to be getting the 3.5L duractec althought they called it the MZR engine. I wonder why they chose the large v6 instead of the 2.3DISI w/ a tune designed for more tq?

·
Registered
153 Posts
looks like the m6 sport wagon on a higher chassis.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Intresting, its going to be getting the 3.5L duractec althought they called it the MZR engine. I wonder why they chose the large v6 instead of the 2.3DISI w/ a tune designed for more tq?
[/b]
American buyers are going to want the V6, especially with Ford only offering the V6 in the Edge. The CX-9 will handily outsell the CX-7, I think.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
American buyers are going to want the V6, especially with Ford only offering the V6 in the Edge. The CX-9 will handily outsell the CX-7, I think.
[/b]
Im not too sure. The CX-7 is selling at speed6 prices. The CX-9 will go for 3-5k over that at least. I just don't see people racing to pay close to 40k for a mazda... specially a non sports car mazda.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Should be a nice car. Replacing the Tribute I assume?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
The CX-7 is a bargain. If the CX-9 provides 3-row seating in the 30K range (I see something like $30K-$37K), it will also represent good value for what it delivers. The prices associated for a marque are skewed in the SUV area. The Chevrolet Tahoe starts at $34,000.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Should be a nice car. Replacing the Tribute I assume?
[/b]
I think the initial thought was that the CX-7 would replace the Tribute. But some spy shots have emerged of a facelifted Tribute, so it will apparently soldier on. The CX-9, with 3 rows, is positioned above the CX-7 and is not intended to replace the Tribute. Of course, if they wanted the new nomenclature to make sense, then the Tribute should be renamed CX-5.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I saw a comerical for the CX-7 Turbo...

*drool*

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Looks like something Lexus should release.
[/b]
To me, that's a problem. Yes, it looks good, but the front and rear end screams Lexus/Toyota.

I thought Mazda knew better than that. :slap:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
About this Discussion
57 Replies
39 Participants
dsulli37
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing