Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
ha look at the cover on the CX7's intercooler...terrible, looks like where you put the oil in goes right in the middle of the air's path...welcome to heat soak city

·
Registered
990 Posts
Interesting...the new MT has a comparo with the CX7, RAV4 V6 & the new Acura RDX....the CX7 came in 3rd.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interesting...the new MT has a comparo with the CX7, RAV4 V6 & the new Acura RDX....the CX7 came in 3rd.
[/b]
I've always felt Motor Trend was biased against Mazda. I can't think of any Mazda model that has "won" any of there vehicle comparos.

Personally, I think the RAV4 and RDX are both butt ugly. :barf:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Interesting...the new MT has a comparo with the CX7, RAV4 V6 & the new Acura RDX....the CX7 came in 3rd. [/b]
Gee. Surprising.... NOT.

MT is run by a bunch of morons that can't tell a good car from their asshole.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Gee. Surprising.... NOT.

MT is run by a bunch of morons that can't tell a good car from their asshole.
[/b]
I don't know about that....their review of the MS3 (in the same issue) was very positive.

I haven't read the CX7 comparo yet, so I don't know what the reasoning behind 3rd place was...I did notice that the RDX was like $37K, though. :huh:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I did notice that the RDX was like $37K, though. :huh:
[/b]
I think this was Edmunds point. The RDX may (or may not) be the best car, but the CX-7 is the best buy for the money[/i]

This may well be true, but the gas mileage on that thing still sucks...

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I think this was Edmunds point. The RDX may (or may not) be the best car, but the CX-7 is the best buy for the money[/i]

This may well be true, but the gas mileage on that thing still sucks...
[/b]
I wouldn't call 25mpg freeway terrible for an suv with AWD and 250+hp

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Well, the biggest thing I can see the CX-7 knocked on is cargo space. It's really rather meager for an SUV it's size. Motor Trend may have hit on that and the lack of tow capacity more than Edmunds.

I did find it odd they said the stability control can't be turned off. What does the button to the left of the steering wheel do?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Well, the biggest thing I can see the CX-7 knocked on is cargo space. It's really rather meager for an SUV it's size. Motor Trend may have hit on that and the lack of tow capacity more than Edmunds.

I did find it odd they said the stability control can't be turned off. What does the button to the left of the steering wheel do? [/b]
Thought that was Traction control (TCS) like in our 6?

·
Registered
227 Posts
[/b]
Hondatrend magazine counts for nothing. Motortrend and C&D are the only auto journalists in the world who think the new Civic is even remotely comparable to the Mazda 3. No doubt the Honda RDX will be a top ten car of the year in their eyes. Mysteriously the CX-7 didn't pull .84g's on the skidpad like the last one they tested which would have beat the RDX. Also took 122' instead of 115' to stop from 60 like the last one they tested. I'm sure in some type of comparo they will come up with a reason why the Civic Si is better than the MS3 even though isn't doesn't belong in the same sentence.

Hondatrend is total garbage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts