Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2004 Mazda 6 3.0 litre which is throwing both cam sensor codes (P0340,P0345) as well as P0022 retarded timing code... The tach is bouncing on and off... sometimes works fine... other times drops to 0... TCS light is also blinking... The engine runs good, no issues starting or with performance. Had it to my mechanic as I don't have a scope to really look at what's going on with the sensors, etc. I tested sensors as much as I could before taking it to my mechanic. I also replaced both cam sensors just to see if that would fix the issue...(really cheap) but issue still remains. Mechanic seems to think it's the cam phasers. I'm looking for some information on how to determine exactly what's causing the issue...
One more thing. I'm getting a continuity reading between both terminals for both cam sensors to ground... (shows up as 1.8 on my digital multimeter). I know there's not supposed to be any continuity between the camshaft sensor terminals and ground....Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue
same year, 04.
same engine, 3.0.
same codes, P0345, P0340, P0022.
same tach, issue, same TCS light blinking, I also replaced the Cam position sensors and the cam position actuator on bank 2. with no change. so the problem is some where else.
Anyone have any info to share.
Since the tach and TCS malfuction seem to be related I makes me think there is an wiring issue somewhere maybe a ground?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
cobo351
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing