Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of you guys dont like the magnaflow exhaust for the MS6, but I figured that I would post this anyway just in cause somebody was in the market for one. I went to cvrmotorsports.com and it said that the magnaflow exhaust was too low to show. It said that the price would show in your basket. So I put it in my basket and it said $$$$$. Is this for real? Because if it is I might just go ahead and get the system and figure out a way to make if not burn my rear bumper. Is it just me or is this really low?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Most likely for real. They are a sponsor so let's help support them!

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I know alot of you guys dont like the magnaflow exhaust for the MS6, but I figured that I would post this anyway just in cause somebody was in the market for one. I went to cvrmotorsports.com and it said that the magnaflow exhaust was too low to show. It said that the price would show in your basket. So I put it in my basket and it said $$$$.00. Is this for real? Because if it is I might just go ahead and get the system and figure out a way to make if not burn my rear bumper. Is it just me or is this really low?
[/b]
Probably correct, as the one for the regular 6 is only about $$$$. My question is, with all the potential power to be made with and exhaust system on the ms6, why would you settle for one with little to no gain?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I edited you post, just because CVR is not supposed to advertise that low of a price (i think) and as a board sponsor they might get into some trouble posting those prices...

So for anyone who wants to see how cheap this was, go add it to your cart :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I know alot of you guys dont like the magnaflow exhaust for the MS6, but I figured that I would post this anyway just in cause somebody was in the market for one. I went to cvrmotorsports.com and it said that the magnaflow exhaust was too low to show. It said that the price would show in your basket. So I put it in my basket and it said $$$$$. Is this for real? Because if it is I might just go ahead and get the system and figure out a way to make if not burn my rear bumper. Is it just me or is this really low?
[/b]

Yeah I can't see it. I hit add to card and it just pops up and says "there are no items in your cart" Genius!

Then when I hit go to cart it says "YOUR CART IS EMPTY" - incredible.

Sooo can someone PM me what the price was since it was edited ?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Who says Magnaflow has little gain?

Nobody has yet to provide any dynos.

·
Registered
364 Posts
easy solution to the bumper melting, go to an exhaust shop and get different tips welded on, very easy, should be quite cheap as well.

·
Registered
595 Posts
if you want cheap, cut the magnaflow tips off, leave the stock rings on and just roll like that, or have them weld on a couple inches of 2.5 in pipe to look like stock

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I edited you post, just because CVR is not supposed to advertise that low of a price (i think) and as a board sponsor they might get into some trouble posting those prices...

So for anyone who wants to see how cheap this was, go add it to your cart :)
[/b]
Sorry about that wiggum, i didnt even think about that. I just couldnt believe the price. Anyways, It makes me wanna just go ahead and buy it instead of the cp-e. My question is, how can there be such a difference in power gains from the cp-e and magnaflow. Arent they pretty much routed the same and they are the same diameter, correct? I know that I havent seen any dyno runs yet, but i just dont see how that there can be such a difference in gains. All I know is that this is a very, very good deal and you can fix the system up where it will not melt the muffler. So, can someone knowledgeable explain to me how the cp-e system gains so much and for some reason the magnaflow offers no gains. I dont get it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Arent they pretty much routed the same and they are the same diameter, correct?
[/b]
You clearly have not looked at the cpe.

cpe is single exit 3" diameter

magnaflow is 2.5"

·
Registered
127 Posts
that price is cheap as hell!!!! i couldnt believe it. But I would like to see power gains before I make a choice on which exhaust I will go with.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You clearly have not looked at the cpe.

cpe is single exit 3" diameter

magnaflow is 2.5"
[/b]
Okay....?? That still doesn't explain to me how there will be much of a difference. I know that bigger exhaust is good for running a lot of boost but we're only running 15.5 psi, how will there be much of a difference.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Okay....?? That still doesn't explain to me how there will be much of a difference. I know that bigger exhaust is good for running a lot of boost but we're only running 15.5 psi, how will there be much of a difference.
[/b]
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=58023&hl=

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=57648&hl=

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=55192&hl=

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=53447&hl=

when you want info on here, you have to search

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
[/b]
on any turbo powered car bigger is always better (for power gains...sound and looks is a personal opinion)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts