Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Um, okay.

No, seriously, I need to sell the kit, looking into a new car soon and that would help.

What am I lying about there? It is a real kit, it has been installed and worked on a 6s. Wish I had a dyno, :(

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Um, okay.

No, seriously, I need to sell the kit, looking into a new car soon and that would help.

What am I lying about there? It is a real kit, it has been installed and worked on a 6s. Wish I had a dyno, :(
[/b]
Not trying to bust your balls but everytime you post there is a different reason you "need" to sell it...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Um, okay.

[/b]
If it could easily go for $4,500 then why not sell it easily for $4,500?(even not pre tuned i'm sure it could). Instead of loose over 2 grand by selling it for $1,999? That makes no sense at all.

Thats like owning a million dollar home that could easily be sold for for then a million dollars just by spending a few hundre more dollars on fixing up the yard, TELLING people it's worth over a million dollars by spending a few hundred on it themselves. then only selling it for $500,000.00. Not a good business man are you? lol (joke)

Shit if you can sell it easily for 4500. DO IT man. get the most out of it if it really works. Specially if it IS only the second working 6s kit there is.

Just seems odd that you could get this tuned for like a few hundred dollars and then turn that few hundred in to about a $2,000 extra profit but don't? Thats more then doubling your money you are asking just by spending a small fraction more before selling.

Specially if you spent over 8 grand getting it all put together. get the most you can out of it man. if this is only the second kit available then you should have no problem getting more from it you know. no need to settle, it's not a cold air intake that anyone can get at anytime lol.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
He is a member on here and gets flamed every thread... not sure why but people do...
[/b]
Not trying to bust your balls but everytime you post there is a different reason you "need" to sell it...
[/b]

You just answered your own question. Im not one to judge at all, but after reading Pathik's posts, after awhile it just got hilarious......

First it was medical bills (which really ticked me off because I actually felt bad for him because I just went through a car accident and had 6k worth of medical bills from my accident in October which I didnt get it settled for months later and was nervous about what to do with the debt..... so I really felt bad for the guy because I was in the same situation and its not something great to be going through), then it was you were not going for performance, and instead you wanted CP-E headers (which as we all know, have NOTHING to do with performance whatsoever), then it was tuning, then you were going to find a shop for tuning and pressing hard for someone to come out with a tuner, now you are buying a new car.

·
Registered
901 Posts
in all honesty who gives a shit WHY hes selling it. Its nobodys damn business unless theres something wrong with the kit whihc i dont think there is. People need to get off his balls about it.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
in all honesty who gives a shit WHY hes selling it. Its nobodys damn business unless theres something wrong with the kit whihc i dont think there is. People need to get off his balls about it.
[/b]
Not exactly. Had Pathik just said flat out, "I'm selling it," then there would have been no problems, but it is the constant story changing. Also, his integrity on this calls into question wether people would trust him when they buy parts from his store.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
[/b]
I wasnt trying to get on his balls, just explaining to Wiggum WHY people have flamed him in the past for stuff. He asked the question, I answered it.

Also, no offense, but I ALWAYS ask someone when I am buying a used item WHY they are selling it. There might be something wrong with it, an incorrectly bent pipe, slight fitament problems, etc, that might not be initially disclosed. Now im not saying Pathik's kit has any of these problems, but its always a good idea, especially when dropping a nice sum of money, to ask the question of why someone is selling something. People usually dont sell things because they are working 100% correctly and everything is perfect.

When you buy something CUSTOM like this, character and honesty do factor into the equation. Its not like you are buying a kit from a respected company with 10,000 of them on the market and if there is something slightly wrong you can send it back to the warehouse for a new part.....

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
[/b]
Negative. Why do we care? Because.....

What happens if a member on this board decides to buy this wonderful kit and it turns out to be complete crap?
By him changing his reasons it almost makes it seem like he is selling this kit because it doesn't work correctly and just wants it off his hands. Besides that, it's just shady.

You don't buy a turbo kit without KNOWING that you have to have spend somewhere between $500-1000 ontop of the cost of the kit to have it tuned. You don't buy a turbo, which is such a large investment, and then say you're not going after performance but you decide to spend another $1000 on headers.

I'm also pretty sure he's been looking to sell he's 6 since he's got it....heh.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Hey guys,

OIf you have any questions regarding this kit, please just ask.

I have been around here for nearly 3 years, and would honestly not BS or lie to anyone.

We all know this kit is untuned, ONE of the reasons why I have decided to sell it.

I will admit I have changed my reasons or givin more than one for why I am sellign this kit. Some were personal, like having tpo pay medical bills, which I had taken care of, and moved on. Then I was planning on getting a house, whcih I still am, but also want a new car. At this time and age, I am someone who cannot easily make up their mind. I apologize if anyone was affected by those decisions.

Overall, I would love to sell this kit. As for selling it at $4500, that is if I could get it tuned, installed, dyno'd for assurance to anyone seriously interested in purchasing this kit. Now, I would also love to have it installed, tuned and all, but not somethig interested in doing anymore, not in my ATx. I said I would consider a trade or even purchase headers for my car, so I have something to have fun with until I purchase my next car. Or as an incentive, perhaps trade my kit for some headers and cash.

This kit, I may have mentioned it when I first introduced this kit on the forums, was deisgned and manufactured by Wagner Motorsports. I installed it in my 6s for only 2 days, untuned of course, and took it back out. I noticed a huge difference, def pulled harder, great BOV sound, you cna literally hear the air being sucked into the "heat exchanger." Before I had it, it was in another 6s for about 6 months untuned. That drivertold me there were large performance gains, no dynos available (were lost by owner). The entire kit bolted up almost flawlessly. I didnt mount the heat exchanger completely, or install the rod bearings. I am including the rod bearings and connecting rod head bolts in this kit, which i purchased myself.

Again, if anyone has any questions at all regarding this kit, please feel free to ask and I will answer fully and truthfully. I'm not here to lie to anyone.

Thanks,
Pathik

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Ahh, I really didn't want to install this on my car, get it tuned. I mean dont get me wrong, I WANT to, but the kit won't be in long.

I just got off the phone, I foudn out that Central Florida Turbo (CFT) www.centralfloridaturbo.com can tune it for me for $425, install the Unichip and everything.

Very very tempting, but my question is... will Unichip be good enough? I read and heard many stories of people using Unichip on NA cars going turbo, even on 350Z's with TT kits. There is a bit more work than just tunign and isntalling this kit. The heat exchanger may require little modification to mount, no biggie. One issue, when installgin the kit myself is that we cannot install the rod bearings, a shop has to do it, unless you have special tools.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
PRacing
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing