Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To save money i'm deciding on konis w/ some custom springs. But what i cant find out is where exactly do i go to get custom springs? do i have to directly ask the company like zeal or ebiach. or is it only certain companies that make custom srpings?

and iono wut kinda spring rates i should go w/... 13 kg/mm front and 10 or 11 kg/mm in the back since im a hatch....i dont think im going to get coilovers because only difference is i get the power to lower my car up and down...not a big deal to me... and since alot of the coilovers are not that great when it comes to their shocks....so need help people... stretch...what do u think...i know u got some input :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
http://www.hrsprings.com/site/index.html

products>springs> click the link that says "See I.D. Race Springs listing" its in the writing part of the page. > "H&R 2.50" I.D. Race Springs"

again, like posted above there are LOTS of things you need to consider, you need to do some calculations and talk to some people like stretch and such who know what the right springrates are for the car is for the front and the rear, then figure out how much weight is over each corner of the car, and figure out the approximate drop amount of the springs by using K*x= (weight on that spring) and do that for each corner, now, mind you, the front spring must have a certian length because it must fit into the spring cup under compression before the spring/shock combo is loaded onto the car.

there's a fair amount of work involved. :) good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
arch4life
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing