Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while coming and I finally got my cf hood done.The pic is when it was still a bit frosty out. It still need to be sanded and final clear and blend to the fenders. My car is slowly coming together. Next over the winter will be black and yellow leather.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
It's actually not the worse I seen. Nothing I'd have any want to do myself. But not ricey looking at all either..

What do you do when it snows though? with the holes?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Not my personal style but I can definately respect the time and effort.... looks good for the look your are going for...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is going away for the winter. Thanks for all the comments. I am going for something that know one else has.

·
Registered
86 Posts
very nice work, looks like you bought it that way

I would get somekind of wire grill type material to put under the wholes at least to keep out the larger things

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
very nice work, looks like you bought it that way

I would get somekind of wire grill type material to put under the wholes at least to keep out the larger things
[/b]

i think he's going to...he mentioned it wasn't completely done yet. Still needs a clear coat etc.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
That is awesome. A fellow yellow with taste! I do believe I'll be buying that hood when you sell your 6.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
looks awesome, but i would agree with the notion of doing it without the mazda emblem

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Get that moisture out of your left headlight housing, other then that it looks good minus the M emblem, Its a nice touch and all just not the place for it.

Also if you could get a pic of it about 25ft directly in front of your car that would be great.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Looks fierce man. As others have said, the mazda emlem throws it off for me. post some more pics of your 6 as well, looks nice all around.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm sorry but i have been staring at the picture for a couple mins and i just don't like it. It's my own personal taste and i'm sure the design and painting took a while and cost a pretty penny but i think overall it looks cheap. I don't know if i have ever seen a design like that work on a car though so it isn't your fault and your's is probably better than half of the ones i have seen. It's original, it's something no one else has but i still can't get in to it. It just looks out of place to me.

The mazda symbol should go and i question why you have the black on the hood line up with the black grill on the passenger side but the drivers side is off by a couple centimeters to the inside. They should both line up.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the comments good and bad. It looks alot different in person. It has a 3d effect to it that the pic doesn't really show that good I'll get some more pics when the hood is totally done. As for the Mazda symbol on there the guy that did the hood added that and I kinda like it. He is one tallented guy. He has done some amazing stuff. There is frost on the light in that shot that looks like water.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
after more looking at it. I still am kinda iffy. I have lots of respect in the work and the creativity, thats pretty neat. idk though just not my taste, but as you can see from other comments they love it. Great job buddy. Congrats.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts