Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after getting the sport grill when i bought mine I never thought i'd actually be looking to by the stocker moustache grill, but i got a couple of them recently from some people on the board and thought I'd show a teaser of what I've been up to with them.... dremel, fiberglass, bondo.. and of course sanding and more dremel and more bondo... still some work to do, but hopefully it will be complete soon and I can show off the finished product...
what do ya think?

·
Registered
979 Posts
interesting can't wait to see the final product.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there definatly is fiberglass. but it's a hidden layer.. there also will be more fiberglass..
it IS a work in progress as I have time in the evenings and weekends to work on it.. it is further along now than in these pics, but they are the most recent pics i have available at the moment...

ps. fiberglass is a b!tch to work with... for non-flat/complex shapes.. wow...

·
Registered
313 Posts
interesting. im trying to picture it and it will look unique since there is only one lateral grill in the middle. everyone either has none (autoexe's) or multiple ones (sports or falcontx's GB).

make more time. lol

·
Registered
536 Posts
interesting. im trying to picture it and it will look unique since there is only one lateral grill in the middle. everyone either has none (autoexe's) or multiple ones (sports or falcontx's GB).

make more time. lol
[/b]
I am thinking the lateral grill will have the logo in the middle

Interested to see the final product though

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am thinking the lateral grill will have the logo in the middle

Interested to see the final product though
[/b]
my plan is for this one to have no logo, but I was throwing the idea around of having one mounted on the lateral grill...
if you've seen other pictures the grill that inspired me was the auto exe extreme grill which is not available unless you buy the entire front bumper...

you can find more of pics of this here...
http://www.autoexe.co.jp/english/car/Atenza(GG)/gy02.html

Here are two pictures that are more geared toward the logo idea...
the purple one I forget where I found, but I love this combination of grill and lower bumper.. if I could find that lower bumper somewhere I'd be on it in a second...

this second one is a photochop i did of the same idea....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
216 Posts
pretty pimp for making a unique part.

·
Registered
599 Posts
yeah, unfortunatly i'm pretty sure the 06 does not fit previous years... also i still wouldn't be perfectly happy with that grill, the middle part seems a bit big for my taste....
[/b]

I agree... just thought that might give me a better idea of what you where creating. It'll be cool to see what your finished product will look like. The custom, hand made approach is always the best one anyway...

·
Registered
440 Posts
pretty pimp for making a unique part.
[/b]
Agreed. Mine is sorta similar except with the 'M' logo...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Man, that looks pretty sweet. I think if you really wanted to be different you could alter the logo to represent just the flying M without the top and bottom arches literally leaving just an M. Might look kinda cool and I've never seen anything like that. Then again it could be for good reason. ;) At any rate looks sweet, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
488 Posts
bad ass! big ups to your for the effort!!! look forward to seeing the finished product.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
14 Participants
freakta
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing