Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The TomTom GPS system allows you to customize the icon used when using the 3D view.

A cartoonish silver Mazda6 can be chosen in the GPS settings.

I chose to make my own realistic icon (attached) to match my car's Blue Reflex Mica paint. To use the icon, copy the file to the art/cars folder on the GPS SD card, and then choose it in the settings.

Also attached is a before/after screenshot.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks like I can't open that without downloading Photoshop. Anyways my Garmin also allows you to choose icons but that sounds more cool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like I can't open that without downloading Photoshop. Anyways my Garmin also allows you to choose icons but that sounds more cool.
You don't need Photoshop to view a BMP. Any Windows or Mac computer can view it.

If you still can't view it, click on the thumbnail to see a before/after screenshot.

·
Super Moderator
17,451 Posts
If you can't afford Photoshop, download GIMP - Same thing, but free.

I prefer PS because I grew up on it and taught myself everything about it. GIMP isn't as smooth as PS but it certainly gets the job done.

I've already messed with the images but I'm disappointed that they don't change in 2D mode. That's all I use and I don't like the default one. I had an idea to make the circle around the car into the Mazda Logo but it doesn't work on the 3D mode.

If anyone has any ideas they want I can take care of it, I'm the PS guy on the forums :)

If you want to make your own, be sure to recognize that any Red (255, 0, 0) is TomTom's transparent color.

·
Registered
498 Posts
This is probably unrelated to the GPS system but I thought I might ask. Does anyone know if its possible to change the audio home screen back ground. Default is blue with some curvey lines but I was hoping there's some way to mod the image file. This is most likey with the headeunit computer but if anyone is a whiz with that stuff, please post

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,451 Posts
This is probably unrelated to the GPS system but I thought I might ask. Does anyone know if its possible to change the audio home screen back ground. Default is blue with some curvey lines but I was hoping there's some way to mod the image file. This is most likey with the headeunit computer but if anyone is a whiz with that stuff, please post

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'll look into it today or this weekend. :) - Computers and photoshop are two of my specialties.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The TomTom GPS system allows you to customize the icon used when using the 3D view.

I chose to make my own realistic icon (attached) to match my car's Blue Reflex Mica paint. To use the icon, copy the file to the art/cars folder on the GPS SD card, and then choose it in the settings.

Maybe it's because I never grew up, but now that I know this can be done I think I'm gonna have to spend the $500 for the damn Nav. module so I can make silly icons to display on the screen, like a fat guy, or a fighter jet... or a penis... the possibilities are endless. How cool will my friends think I am!?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I've been wondering about cracks/mods for the stock display for some time now. All of these fancy things are so close to computers there has to be a way to do it. Heck if they can figure out a way to completely unlock an HTC Rezound (it involves a jump cable for cryin out loud) then this should be a walk in the park! LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi,

can you please make one in Meteor Gray Mica paint (just post it here I'm sure more would use it).
I would love to have the icon in my car's paint.

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts