Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had been looking for an exhaust to come out for my 2009 Mazda 6S GT for a few months, and about a week ago I just took it in to a local shop to have a custom one done. It is sounding very good, and I think I even gained a slight bit of performance in the 60-100mph range. The car has a perfect tone, a nice low purr, but I want to get it louder. I have seen the RAM intake but it's for the 4 cyl version of the car. Does anyone know anything that can be done on it to give me what I'm looking for?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
sound clips?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
While we wait for sound clips...I was commuting with a Maserati for several miles the other day. How can I make the Mazda 6 sound like that car. lol.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I was driving with an R32 (Vdub) last night, and he had a sick sounding exhaust note. Obviously hard to explain, but he had a super deep droning without the fart cannon sound. I'd like to get my 6 to sound like that.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm a fan of how the 350Z / 370Z, G35 / G37 and the FX sound

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys. Sorry it's been a crazy past few weeks and have been out of the state for work, so I have not been able to take pics of the car or get sound clips up yet. I get home on Friday and will get pics and attempt to put the sound clip up on Saturday. Thanks for the interest!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys. I know I said that I would get up pics and a sound clip this weekend, but unfortunately someone stole my camera... I am looking into getting one or using a friends soon, but please bear with me as its kinda out of my control as far as a time thing now. Sorry for all the suspense...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Would you say that the exhaust was worth getting? Did it make it sound a lot deeper and make more horsepower?

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
i slapped a magnaflow axleback on my 2.5 and it looks like the stock muffler and not some stupid ass fart cannon. it also sounds great without being too loud. as soon as u slap it in 6th gear it goes silent....
provided youre not doin 100 plus:seeya:

·
Registered
476 Posts
PICS PICS PICS!!!!! and model number of ur exhaust!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts