Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want some imput on fabbing up my own exhaust system. I'm looking at bending up some stainless tube for the cat -back, replacing the resonator, and new stainless mufflers. evenually i want to replace the cat and ad headers.
- First off i want some opinions on Mufflers - I'm an American car guy (love to work on the oldies) but have been bitten by the mazda bug when i bought hte 6 as a daily driver. But I still Don't like that horrible ricer drone. So muffler choice needs to have a nice low grumble, not a high hum! I have used dynamax, and magnaflow in the past.

- Whats the stock tubing size)dia)? and what size are the collectors for Mazda 6 headers?

here are some pics of my other bending project!

also a pic of a core support i bent up

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i guess there is alot out there about exhaust... just was hoping someone else made up there own...or at least swamped out mufflers... the Tube is easy, so spending $600 buck on mufflers and a resonator is crzy for me especially since i can bend and weld up the tube easly...
after X-mas i will fab this thing up and post some pics and reviews....Might even consider making my own headers hmmmm true dual?!?!? :D

last discussion regarding exhaust
[/b]

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Good luck, sounds like a good project. But alot of the guys on this thread think its crap unless it says CPE or Injen on the side of it. HEHEH

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hehe just what I'm tying to change! If you watch any show thats building a "performance" car or show car they fab up their own exhaust for it...even if its an 85 mustang (and you know there are a million and 1 options for those) they still do themselves to fit that car and their needs for that car!!

Especially when everyone says that the cat backs do nothing for performance, thats even more of a reason to spend less and get exactly what you want.

I think i'm gonna swamp out my mufflers for now and build the whole exhaust system when i finally get around to get headers on!

Good luck, sounds like a good project. But alot of the guys on this thread think its crap unless it says CPE or Injen on the side of it. HEHEH
[/b]

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
dam, you could release some headers on here and make a fortune. Cpe's are like 900 big ones. if you could fab up some for the whole forum you could save us money and u could make some cash... but keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
CP-e actualy turns out costing about 1400 with the y pipe and cats..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts