Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know CP-E is going to be releasing a downpipe for our cars and they are a respected Tuner in the Mazda6 realm, but I have contacted a local shop to me in Mobile, AL. They have tuned and created a lot of custom setups for almost any import you can think of. They also have an AWD dyno as well. I went to them and asked what it would cost for them to make a custom 3" down pipe and exhaust and they stated for around 700 installed. Okay now to my real question who is actually interested in having a custom downpipe made for our car? I just wanted to get a feel for how many people actually want this product so that I can relay that to them. They have about 8 people working at their shop that have the ability to recreate the same pipe, so mass production will not be a problem for them, if you are tired of waiting this could be our solution. start the list... Also I am going to have them design the pipe in two pieces so that you can put the second stock cat in there for warranty and smog checks and run a test pipe when you race or however you want to use it, I'm going to dicuss this design with them and get real pricing soon, but like I said if anyone is interested let me know...

1. platinumMS6

·
Registered
795 Posts
I know CP-E is going to be releasing a downpipe for our cars and they are a respected Tuner in the Mazda6 realm, but I have contacted a local shop to me in Mobile, AL. They have tuned and created a lot of custom setups for almost any import you can think of. They also have an AWD dyno as well. I went to them and asked what it would cost for them to make a custom 3" down pipe and exhaust and they stated for around 700 installed. Okay now to my real question who is actually interested in having a custom downpipe made for our car? I just wanted to get a feel for how many people actually want this product so that I can relay that to them. They have about 8 people working at their shop that have the ability to recreate the same pipe, so mass production will not be a problem for them, if you are tired of waiting this could be our solution. start the list... Also I am going to have them design the pipe in two pieces so that you can put the second stock cat in there for warranty and smog checks and run a test pipe when you race or however you want to use it, I'm going to dicuss this design with them and get real pricing soon, but like I said if anyone is interested let me know...

1. platinumMS6
[/b]
700$ US INSTALLED??????

im from montreal canada and i have it for 400 installed!!!! i think they charge u a bit to much ;)

·
Registered
982 Posts
I am pretty sure he meant $700 for a full turbo back exhaust. Anyway, this thread was discussed over on 6tech. I'll post what I said here:

Take a look at this diagram and I will try to explain exactly what I think would be the best setup. http://forum.mazda6tech.com/about4210.html

You can see that the stock downpipe is actually 3 different pieces. It starts with the first 02 sensor (FRONT HO2S) then goes into the primary cat (WU-TWC). It then breaks off into the 2nd piece that includes the REAR H02S. Finaly, there is a third piece with the secondary cat (TWC).

My idea is to make a 2 piece DP. The first piece would be just like the stock first piece, including the primary cat and first 02sensor. From there, a 2nd pipe would be added and it would be a single pipe all the way back with no cats, just the 2nd 02sensor.

With a setup like that, you can always keep the front portion with the cat on because it isn't visible in plain site and it would look just like the stock piece. Then when you need to go in for warranty work, you can simply bolt the two stock pieces back on.

So what I would want designed exactly, starting from the turbo exhaust outlet: 02sensor>Catalytic Converter on the first piece and then the 2nd 02sensor into a straight pipe.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only problem I see with that setup you are describing is going to be if you put the car on a lift and that second cat is missing, that will be an immediate red flag...I think making a test pipe for the second cat and putting it back in there for dealership work would be smarter, just my 2 cents...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts