Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but, a couple weeks back i got some curb rash on one of my wheels about 3 inches long. Does anyone know if there are any ways to fix or make the curb rash appear better instead of buying a new wheel. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
If it's 3inches long, which is huge, you might be better off buying a used rim from someone on the boards.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, I know this is an old thread, but it is a topic worth talking about.

I just purchased my car, and the only part about it that is blemished is heavily curb-rashed rims. I am 99% sure I am willing to take on fixing the curb rash myself with the link that was posted above. Before I do this, my only question to you is, do you think the silver lacquer used in the tutorial is close enough to the rims we have on our Mazdas (mine are the standard 5-spoke 17" silver alloys, see picture).

In describing the lacquer used in the tutorial, that author stated "Note that although this is a Porsche wheel, the Wurth Silver Wheel Paint is a perfect match for Porsche, BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz and some". But honestly I think the rims used in the example look almost exactly like the Mazda ones.

Do you guys think this paint will work if I buy it? I'm REALLY serious about trying this out to improve the look of my rims.....

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
I actually fixed the curb rash on 3 of my wheels this spring, and I just used the Duplicolor wheel paint from Autozone. I think what you might want to do is just spray the whole wheel. Or if you just plan to spray the blemish, don't mask it, so the spray fades the paint to what you already have, because the shades of silver was not exact, but you can fade them together, and you won't be able to tell.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I actually fixed the curb rash on 3 of my wheels this spring, and I just used the Duplicolor wheel paint from Autozone. I think what you might want to do is just spray the whole wheel. Or if you just plan to spray the blemish, don't mask it, so the spray fades the paint to what you already have, because the shades of silver was not exact, but you can fade them together, and you won't be able to tell.
[/b]
drew6, did you paint your whole wheels or just touch up the areas that needed fixing? Do you have any pictures that can show me what they look like to see how different the paint actually is from the wheel itself?

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
docta13
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing